Secret- Chapter 5

Gracie's POV

I was going to work in about an hour. I was babysitting Devin and Oliver. Devin was 8, and Oliver was 6. They were my favorite kids to babysit. They were never too crazy, and didn't just keep their heads in books. I went upstairs to get ready since I went to the vet's in my PJs. I chose this as my outfit.

- Ripped black shorts

-A black crop top with white feathers

-Black converse

-Black snapback with 'CRAZY' written on it

I French braided my hair, but didn't do any make-up because I don't like it. I don't like skirts either. Or heels; I don't even know how to walk in them. I filled my dogs' bowls with kibble. I made myself a smoothie with strawberry Shakeology,( if you don't know what it is it's protein powder that is commonly used) a banana, and strawberries. I started sipping on it. I looked at Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat. I saw it was time to leave so I left.

When I got to the house I didn't knock I just walked in. They know me well enough by now.
"Okay you're here. We will be back around midnight, please have them in bed by 9."

"I will, have fun." I winked. Mr. Lockwood was extremely taken back by my action. He was so uptight sometimes. Take that back literally every second of every day.

"Okay guys what do you want to do?"

"Can we play Soccer?"

"Of course. Are you any good?"

"I'm captain of my team!" Devin exclaimed.

"Well I got some real competition then don't I?" Oliver pouted.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"I don't know how to play." He mumbled just above a whisper.

.
"Oh it's alright! Devin and I will teach you! It will be fun!" O tryed to cheer him up, and it appears to work. We headed outside.

"So when you go to kick the ball try to do this." I showed him with my foot because I couldn't put it in words that he would understand. We practiced that for awhile until we began to play.

10:00pm

The boys have been in bed for an hour now, and I have been doing homework. The front door opened, and I was immediately on my feet; I relaxed seeing that it was just the Lockwoods.

"I thought you were going to be home later.....?"

"We were, but there was no point in staying. We were having no fun." Mrs. Lockwood replied kindly.

"Well I guess I'll get going." I picked up my laptop annd left. I guess I'll head to the gym to train.

~At the gym~

I pulled open the door to Knock Out. As soon as I entered the gym, Stephanie exclaimed, "I'm so glad you're here Ms. Gem! Rick would like to see you in his office as soon as possible."

"Please call me Grace, and do you know why he wants to see me?"

"You know it's company policy to call you Ms. Gem, and he didn't say." I walked down the hall to Rick's door. This door had so many memories. I pulled the handle, and the door opened to the room that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

"Grace! I'm so glad to see you!" He proclaimed with fake enthusiasm dripping in his tone.

"Listen I don't why you want me here, but make it quick. I would like to train today."

"Well you know what happened to your parents, right?"

"How did you find out about that?" I snapped.

"Oh I don't know. Do you know what happened to them?"

"No. I was never told."

He smirked evily before replying, "I killed them."

In a split second I had jumped over the desk, and pinned him against the wall.

"What. Did. You. Just. Say?" I knew what he said, but I didn't what to believe it.

"I killed your parents." The air was dense with hate."And your brothers and sisters." My hands tighten around his throat, making it impossible to breath. It would be so easy to snap his neck right now. I smirked at the thought.

"Why?"

"You." He gasped out. The answer was too simple. I didn't like the seductiveness in his tone either. I gripped his throat tighter. Gasping for air he fumbled out, " Your real parents are fine." I slammed his skull against his desk. I hoped that I didn't break it; I am strong enough that I could. He lifted his head up.
"You didn't kill my brothers and sisters. They died in a car accident."

"Well Vanessa did, but I showed up, and bashed everyone's head in. Except Sarah, the cops came."
Anger boiled in my blood again.

"Why? I never did anything to you! Hell I'm the number one fighter for woman in the world! I spent 5 years working for you! My parents were your business partners! Why?"

"They were distractions."

"Come again?"

"They took too much of your time away from fighting." With that I slammed the door, but I didn't forget to say, "I quit!". On the way out the building I heard Rick, "I'll kill you if you leave. Better yet you can become my sex slave." He knew that the only reason I would stay is because, one, I don't want to die. And two my virgnity is the most important thing right now. I stomped back into the gym.

"Don't tell anyone about our little talk."I changed, and mayed my way to the acual gym. I saw Ace, him and I were brought here around the same time. He was here a little longer than me though. He is what I like to call bipolar. He has one emotion then a different, and a different. I wrapped my hands, put my gloves on, and started beating the shit out of the punching bag. I started to see red fill my vision. I knew I couldn't keep going. I walked away with the gloves still on my wrist. My chest heaved up and down. I went over to the treadmill. I ran at the highest speed there was.

"Are you okay?" I didn't say anything.

"Grace?"

"LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU SO YOU JUST NEED TO STOP!!!! I COULDN'T GIVE LESS FUCKS ABOUT YOU!!!!! YOU ARE THE REASON I DIDN'T LEAVE THIS PLACE!!!! AND NOW MY WORLD AT MY FEET BECAUSE OF IT!!!!I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! I CAN'T STAND YOU!!!!"I saw Ace stand there for a few seconds. He didn't move or speak or do anything. After awhile he walked away from my vision. I don't see why he's trying to be nice to me. He never has before. He should go back to being the scary guy with about 100 tattoos, and a ton of piercings.

I couldn't workout anymore. I have been hardcore working out for 6 hours straight. It's 5 AM. I walked out of the gym. I looked at this week's fight schedule. I have a fight with Becky, and the rest is uncertain.

You see you may look at me, and think average college student. No. I'm an underground cage fighter. Not just anyone though. The best in England. Well for the woman's at least. Ace is the best for men. Certain gyms have 'programs' like these. My foster parents, the ones that just died and used to own the gym with Rick, took me under their wing back when I was fifteen. I used to get abused, and so I came to this gym, not knowing what I would become, to train for self-defense. When my foster parents found out why, the told me about UCF( underground cage fighting). I decided that I would give it a shot. Soon enough I was stronger than my dad, and almost had a million dollars. I pressed charges against my actual parents, and my foster parents adopted me.
They asked me if I wanted to continue to fight, I said yes. So here I am 5 years later regretting it.