News-Chapter 8

Grace's POV

It was 4 in the morning when I got home. I had to babysit at 2 and work at the club at 11. I could sleep for awhile then go to work.

~~~~sleep~~~~

Getting up was the same as being pulled out of pure serenity. It sucked. I wanted to sleep for the rest of my life.
Yeah pretty cliché, but I did. Exhaustion isn't solved by 8 hours of sleep. I don't know how the rest of the day is going to go, but let's say people better not get on my nerves. I need coffee. I slowly stepped down the stairs, my weight dragging me down. I got to the kitchen, put the K-Cup in the coffee machine, and waited the 3 minutes it takes to brew. The smell of hazelnut filling the room more and more by the second.
I sipped on my coffee, ate an apple and headed upstairs for the rest of my morning routine. I brushed my teeth, hair, washed my face, put my hair in a ponytail and changed my clothes. I wore

-A black T-Shirt with white arrows on it

-Coral jean shorts

-Vintage sun glasses

-Arrow ring

-Arrow bracelet

-Arrow earrings

-Arrow necklace

-Black sandals

I got the arrow jewelry from Johnathon. He got it for me exactly a year after I started fighting. I He said every warrior need their weapons. I thought it was so sweet. It was one of the sweetest things someone ever did to me.

I feed my animals. I think I need to sell them. I just don't have time or energy to take care if them. When I had siblings to help it was so much easier but now I don't. I love them so much though. I'm not sure if I can let them go. They are basically the only family I have left.

I saw it was time to the Lockwoods' house. I hopped in my Mustang. It was a convertible so I rolled the top back too. The sun made the entire car heat up before I put in drive. When I was on the main road the wind was blowing directly at me. I remember when I bought this car.

*flashback*

I walked into the dealership. I was wearing sweatpants, plain T-Shirt, flip flops, my hair in a messy bun. A woman in a expensive dress walked up to me. "May I help you Miss?"

"Uh yeah. I want to buy a Mustang." I said. She looked beyond taken back by what I said. "Are you positive?" I simply nodded my head. Did I stutter? "Come this way." She lead me to the used car section of the lot.

"You can test drive anything you want." I pointed to a slick, brand new 2016 black Mustang on the other side of the lot. "I want to test drive that." She had an annoyed look on her face. "If you are not going to buy anything you can't test drive it."

"Listen. I'm not a bum off the street trying to drive cars for fun. I'm a Gem. Yeah you know Sarah and Michael Gem? I'm their daughter. Just because I'm not dressed like I'm worth a million bucks doesn't mean I can't afford a car. Get to know someone before you judge them. You had no idea who I was and automatically thought I wasn't good enough for a Mustang. I many not look fancy, but I don't really give a fuck. I'm driving that car." Her jaw was on the floor.

*end of flashback*

When I got to the Lockwood's house there were boxes covering the driveway. I was confused, what's going on? I walked up to the doorway. I knocked on the door, and there stood Mrs. Lockwood.