2. Backbiting

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi Wabarakatu.

One most common sin that all of us has committed atleast once in our life is backbiting. I will be lying if I say that I have never backbited about someone. To be more precise, I looked up the word 'backbite' in dictionary and here is what I found....

"To make spiteful slanderous or defamatory statements about someone.."

If the english definition itself used such harsh vocabulary to describe this act then I think we should all ponder about what the islamic definition would be. For years we have heard from our elders that backbiting is a sin yet sometimes we hear them doing it. I think we should all know deeply about what it is so that we can teach ourself and we can teach others as well. Here is what Allah Taala has convey to us about backbiting through the Quran Shareef.

"Indeed, those who like that immorality should be spread [or publicized] among those who have believed will have a painful punishment in this world and the Hereafter. And Allah knows and you do not know. (Surah An Nur, ayat 19)

O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful. (Surah Al-Hujurat, ayat 12)"

None of us would want to go through these punishments. Then as from now we should start judging our own acts instead our judging others and make riddiculous and useless remarks.The holy month of Ramadhan is soon coming and may Allah Taala reward all of us for our good deeds and prevent us from indulging in bad habits.

Ameen :)

By: The_hijabi_Girl

^_^