Chapter 3

"um...Congratulations?" Genove said unsure if she was kidding or not.

She rolled her eyes "Well, don't go buy me that kitchen set yet."

"So, I leave you for a while and you get married? If you were lonely you should have gotten a dog first." Genove asked.

Was she the only one who could see the irony in that statement?

"Apparently I did both" She added dryly.

He looked at her confused.

"The werewolf that bit me, he claimed me as his mate and as it goes...Elf's are not immune to a mate bond" She explained her situation.

"You mean you are mated to that dog?" He asked and suddenly a light bulb shone on his head and he gave her a wicked smile "You did get yourself a dog...you dog...you."

"Shut up!" She hissed

He laughed out loud "Let me get this right, so you mated to that werewolf?" Of all the things she could go do! This was a first in the elf realm as far as he knew.

"Yep" She said tersely.

"No way out of it?" he asked, snickering. He was immensely enjoying her misery.

"The wolf kind are old school, they don't believe in divorce." She deadpanned, the healer had told her that the bond was a one way process, she could not break it. However she could avoid the mate bond from being complete.

"I need you to research everything on werewolves and mates and stuff in the library" She ordered him.

He calmly walked towards her and on the way picked up an iPad carelessly lying on the sofa and put it in her hand.

"What is this now?" she asked impatiently.

"Research" he said and added "Did you forget the two grand we paid for the gold pass membership to Elf's digital library app? It's all in there do your own research." He said walking away.

She stared at his back and ordered "At least make me some food I am hungry"

He grumbled and walked in to the kitchen in compliance and then suddenly she heard him laughing like a hyena.

She had settled in to the sofa and had just opened the library app. When he walked out of the kitchen barely standing "This is so funny! You got hitched to a dog! I can just imagine the fun the fay court is going to have at your expense.

She just gave him a death glare "The court will never know!" She vowed.

"Oh! You poor chit, do you think something like this could hide forever? I bet it will be in the news app by end of the week." He declared. The fay were high-tech...They had an app for everything.

Suddenly he straightened "knock, knock" he said looking at her.

"Who is there?" she asked knowing he was waiting for her.

"Mrs. Woof!" he said collapsing in laughter and after a while he put his hand up.

"I got one more. I got one more" He said between bouts of laughter.

"What is lady Genove latest style?" He asked.

"Doggy!" he replied, again collapsing in to laughter clutching his stomach and she sat there seething imagining miserable, painful things about him.

"Hardy, har..har. Enough laughter at my expense, now get to work." She deadpanned. He would be insufferable for a while.

He picked himself up and returned to the kitchen, she could still hear the occasional snickering. She curled in to the sofa comfortably and stared at the open library app.