Chapter 7

Folks, I am back. Its been a while since I updated the book and thanks to all those folks who have been patient with me. I plan to update weekly twice and this book should be done in ten chapters.

--------------------------

"So wolf, what's cooking?" Glaneth asked coming down from freshening herself.

"Pasta" He said stirring the contents in the bowl. He paused and looked at her "Do elf eat?" He asked curiously.

"I have a mouth now, don't I?" she responded tersely "And I am hungry" She declared.

"You can help by cutting the tomatoes" He added.

She shook her head at him in disbelief "Really wolf? Really? Do I look like someone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen?" she asked him and added "Next thing you know you will want be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" she mumbled.

He gave her a look which said he was considering just that. She narrowed her eyes at him and hissed a warning at him. If he planned to sneak his ding dong anywhere near her he had one more thing coming to him.

She jumped on to the counter and started swinging her legs.

"You do know you can't keep me her forever right?" she declared to him.

He just grunted

"There is no point wolf. You can't tie me down with your wolfy claim and I am going to walk away the moment I get my powers back. I suggest we call this quits and go our separate way, less heartburn that way you know" She advised sagely.

"So you are so sure that that you will walk away at the end?" He asked her pausing his cooking

"Yes" she said without skipping a heartbeat.

"Then why don't you stay? Consider it a vacation, as you said...once you have your powers back, I can't stop you anyways...so till then stay here" He proposed.

"Why?" she asked.

"For my sanity, so I know that at least I tried everything in my power to convince you to stay with me" He said with honesty.

"And if I aren't convinced then what...will you give up" She asked curious

"Never" She was taken aback by the absolute certainty in his voice. "You are my mate, I will never, ever give up" He vowed.

He chiseled away the ice surrounding her heart a little.

She sighed in defeat.

"I can be good to you elf, you are my mate I can make you happy. Why don't you give us a chance?" he declared passionately.

"Because you and I don't belong to the same world wolf" she stated.

"Not a good enough reason" he stated.

"May be for you but what makes you think I want to risk everything for someone I barely know" She asked.

"And you will never know until you risk it" He countered.

"Be that as it may...it's not an incentive enough" She told him.

"How about we reach a truce?" he asked.

"I am listening" she said.

"Till the time you have your powers back spend time with me, get to know me...give me a chance to woo my mate and in the end if I can't convince you...well you can walk away and not that I can stop you" He proposed.

"What does this wooing entail?" she asked suspiciously.

"You agree to spend time with me and not avoid me...that's all I ask" He promised.