Chapter 5: Dead Family Rising

I looked at jackson and signaled him and jake to move out of the shadows and next to me and the women yed us "how do i know you're not the ones after me?" I laugh "you don't but we came here because it was ruled to be haunted and plus because we were curious about this place but we found answers one why all my life I was told it was haunted by my family and the town was always saying it was haunted it's because it was memories and because my mother grew up here with my uncles they were always stubborn and plus you won't know that if i am after you is because your still alive and these guns are filled with taser bullets" as I took out the bullets and held them too where she could see and they were covered in meal in patches like a puzzle piece. The woman watched as I put it back into the barrel and I switched the safety off and waited for the day to answer "Well if you're not going to kill me then you might as well uncover your face" I smiled "you too lady" she nodded. Jake, Jackson, and I took off our mask as the lady did then I looked up at the woman. She had gold tint on her skin and i could automatically tell that she was thirty eight and I was shocked that she paled and then whisper "I thought you were dead lily I knew your brother was alive but not you" then she passed out and jackson answered my unspoken question with a nod that our mother was alive and she was now at my feet passed out. While she was out and we got her too her old room I called my father and told him to meet us at the creek. Soon we had my mother still not awake in the back of my truck that I keep near the woods so if I feel like going mudding I could jackson was driving with me in between him and jake since there's only a front seat.

Seon we were in the clearing and dad was waiting on his horse looking worried as jackson jumped out of the driver's seat and then jake jumped out of the passengers seat until i jumped out of the truck from between my brother and boyfriend. "What is it you wanted me to come out here for?" he asked when he walked towards me I didn't speak I just went too the truck bed and removed the cover since I had many weapons in the back under where my mother lay and I had bags of clothes for when I stay over here or I get muddy or I need changes of clothes and shoes. When I opened it dad was shocked and asked "is she alive?" I nodded not trusting myself to speak because I would start crying and I didn't until I realised that I had tears coming down my cheeks and jake was holding me as sobs racked my body as I cried into his shoulder and soon my brother and father were comforting me. I slowly pulled myself together and stopped crying "we need to get mom home and not let anyone to know the only place I think no one ever goes in only me is my art studio and I have a bed in there for when I am up late as you probably already know that" the blushed at that and agreed with my idea. Soon we were at home and we used the door too my studio since it used to be the ranch hands house and we laid mom on the only bed that was left in it the rooms though had been left to hold my supplies.

An hour later I was done with at least ten drawings and dad paced about a mile and a half and jake sat on the floor with jackson playing poker and mom was awake. She had frozen at us laughing at my brother and jake because suddenly my old friend poker the pig topped by and did not like the way they were playing apparently and charged though the poker game taking the cards with him and jake and jackson did not know what happened while me and dad laughed our butts off until we noticed mom being awake I smiled "hey sunshine how you feeling?" she didn't answer her eyes were on my father and my fathers eyes on her and suddenly she got up and ran too dad and tackled him in a hug and soon I was crying again and my mother had me in her arms with my father crying and my brother and she had ushered jake in the hug as well soon me and mom were asleep after talking and crying on the bed and the men were playing poker.

The next day I didn't wake up until the middle of the afternoon when gram charged in and fixed me with a glare and I was confused on why then i remember the house and my mother and I just flopped down on too my pillow again and groaned "this month has been filled with too many surprises I just wish I had time to get use too the one that do pop up but no i can't one day i'm going to pass out from shock that has not hit me yet because i don't have time for shock because there are too many surprises happening in just a week" gram just laughed and set some food on the table where I draw or have friends over and she left so I went back to sleep and was woken up by someone tickling my feet as I kicked out then I heard someone laugh as I threw a knife towards them but they would not stop "stop I was dreaming of candy ninjas throwing knives at valentine so stop tickling me before I bite your head off" is that anyway too talk too your mother?" I look up groggily "well yes for me you should see the way I talk too gram when she does that and she should have warned you when i'm asleep and having nightmare don't do that otherwise someone will get hurt but not me" she laughed "come on it's time for school everyone is waiting" with that I jumped out of bed looked under the bed for the duffle bag filled with clothes and pulled out my superman pj pants, tank top, beanie, and sunglasses with shoes to match and all with superman's symbol on them and changed into them after a quick shower and then tugged on the matching leather jacket after slipping on shorts under my pj pants and mom just smiled.

When we got to the house we were laughing so hard since we were telling stories about everyone and everyone who were waiting on the patch seemed a little scared of why we were laughing and we didn't tell them why we just laughed harder. When we got to the garage I fund my superman motorcycle and slipped out of the pj pants but kept the shorts on and pulled on my leather pants that i use when I'm wearing shorts or skirts even dresses. Jake and jackson just shook their heads as I put on my helmet and that earned them a glare from me. When we got to school I slipped off my leather pants and put on my pj pants and put my beanie back on with my hair in a messy bun girls who thought they were better gave me looks as I walked down the hall with jake's am around my shoulder and my gang grouping up by my locker since I texted them too wai by my locker. We were halfway down the hall when I heard a girl say "well that is tacky it looks like she got all of those batman clothes from the dumpster" as I pasted a girl whose father works with sheriff I turned around slowly as I removed my sunglasses and glared at her "well I didn't know why my superman clothes look like they were found in a dumpster because there brand new well not really new but i got them last year for christmas either you are a spoiled brat or your just blind or pathetic because next time you say something about what i wear you are going to be running home with so many bruises your own father won't even recognize you so sweet heart I wouldn't mess with me or talk about me because I have eyes every where" she paled and swallowed hard i smiled and then walked away after she muttered sorry and we went to class. When it was free time Jake and I found a corner in our class that I always sit at when I want to be alone and I found my favorite blanket in a cabinet and pillow and we sat down against the wall and I had my sketchbook out and he had his phone and would not tell me what he was doing only said it was a surprise and i would know when it christmas time and I drew in my book by the end of school I had a collage of people that I had meet the past month or so the good guy on one side and my friends and family on the other with my animas.

Jake was surprised of how good of a memory i had of the people's faces when I just glimpsed at them before they fell and closed their eyes after getting knocked out and I colored them and I got everyone's eye color and the color of their clothes and hair right despite what i've been through so when we got home he made me show the picture around and I had hidden the notebook that I filled up of the event that happened ever since I meet jake and he kidnapped me. Everyone was surprised to notice people they recognized on the side that had valentine and his minions on it and everyone was surprised when I explained why we had the garden in the background and the others had a building with an electric fence with barb wire on top "they or the ones that tried to kill us and take us when we escaped and when we were on our way too valentine and that's why there's different backgrounds one good and one bad even if valentine is blackmailing his men into doing it but still they are working for him so I just decided too too good vs. evil" mom was confused so we told the story too her and she ended up smoking dad and jake on the back of the heads along with her brothers and almost everyone who basically never talked about the wreck and I laughed at them and the way they reacted we all did and when she came to me and jackson she just hugged us and then I went to get my camera and it stand this way we could take a group picture and set it on a timer and ten seconds later we had a group picture sitting around the table with the pets and me and jake kissing oops dad was not happy about that but him and mom shouldn't say anything and my friends were in the picture and I cough wolfie and jackson kissing in the background every couple was either kissing or had arms wrapped around each other and gram glaring at us. we laughed when we looked at the pictures after we took more of everyone all over the ranch and our favorite places around the town.