three

"let's set down some ground rules" a girl with red hair said to me once i got downstairs.

"rule number one, under no circumstances will you bring a boy to this house," she said. "and if you do, on weekdays, they must leave at 9pm. weekends they can only stay till 12am"

"but what about when—" heidi was about to say something until the red haired girl cut her off.

"hush, i told you we will not speak of that ever again heidi" she said sternly.

"rule number two, we take appearances seriously, so you must always have your hair clean, brushed, and either worn down or half up, never in a ponytail or bun"

what is so wrong with my hair being in a ponytail??

"got it" i nodded my head. I wonder how many strict rules they have.

"rule number three, there will be no use of illegal drugs in this house hold, so if your a drug dealer i suggest you leave now" she said, my eyes went wide, i thought the last part was a joke.

when i let out a little laugh, i thought others would laugh too, but everyone was looking at me with a serious face so i quickly pulled myself together and continued listening to the rules.

"rule number four, we all have chores around here. we will find something for you to do. if you do not complete a chore like everyone else, you will be fined" she sounded so serious, what kind of sorority house fines girls for not doing their chore....

"lastly rule number five, we all have a curfew, you must be in the house at least no later than 2am. got it?" she asked me with her eyebrow raised.

"yes" i nodded.

"good," she smiled. "well im ellie" she said hugging me.

"im violet" i smiled.

"i hope you'll love it here, we can have kc show you around your classes tomorrow since you don't start till wednesday" she said.

"sounds good, thanks" i said politely.

everyone around me started giving me hugs and welcoming me into their sorority. it won't be so bad right?

there were so many girls i don't know how im gonna remember all of their names.

by the time i met everyone i went upstairs to call my dad. its probably like 6pm over there.

        "hello?" he said.

     "hi dad, i just got settled in the house, they gave me rules to follow and so far everyone's been really welcoming" i told him.

            "that's great honey! we miss you already, call me if you ever need anything alright? i love you"

      "okay dad and miss you too! tell riley i said hi, i'll talk to you later dad! love you" a tear fell down my cheek as I hung up the phone. ive never been away from them, and ill be gone for at least 4 years.

         i wipe the tears off my cheek and decide to unpack. putting all of my clothes in the drawers and setting up my bed. i put a framed picture of me, my mom, dad and riley on the night stand next to my bed. i smiled looking down at the pictures, oh how much i miss her.

       i was snapped out of my own thoughts when kc came in the room.

        "hey! bridget and i are gonna go walk around the pier for awhile, wanna come with?" she asked.

     i think bridget was the one with long dark brown hair, that complimented me on the bracelet my mom had given me years ago.

     "yeah sure, just let me change real quick" i smiled. i decided to unpack the rest of my clothes later.

     she walked out of the room and told me that they'll be waiting downstairs, so i quickly put on some black shorts and a plain white t-shirt, along with my black converse.

       i put on some perfume and went downstairs to find kc and bridget sitting patiently on the couch.

       as soon as they saw me they got up and we all walked towards the front door.

         bridget had a car, so she drove us to the pier. she had a red convertible and we listened to some music while riding down the road. along the way, i saw tons of hot surfer boys with their boards. all i could do was smile to myself and think about how hot they were.

    once we got to the pier we went to a small ice cream parlor. the ice cream was pretty good, i got a chocolate devotion, it had hot fudge, pieces
of a brownie, and chocolate chips mixed in with the chocolate ice cream. id say it was delicious.

     we we're walking back to bridget's car and i noticed a really nice motorcycle parked in front of a small men's shop.

        "wow look at this beauty" i pointed out. bridget and kc both giggled, probably because i was into kind of things like that. can't blame me, growing up with just my dad in my teen years was very interesting.

      i looked at the bike from all angles, i began to touch it. suddenly, i saw a boy with blonde hair peek out from the other side of the motorcycle.

      my face flushed, "oh my gosh im sorry" i took my hand off the bike.

       from behind me i could hear both of the girls laugh. he looked at them with a confused look and then turned his attention towards me.

        "you're into motorcycles?" he had a thick accent that i couldn't quite understand at first.

            "yeah my dad taught me a few things, he actually used to own one, but he gave it away after—" i stopped mid-sentence realizing i was totally gonna blurt it out, "he just gave it away" i choked.

         "i wanna go to the beach, let's go come on," i heard kc say behind me.

        i kept my eyes glued on this blonde boy, he looked so good as the sun was setting behind him.

              "hello kc, bridget and....." he began saying hello to the girls, as i was about to tell him my name kc pulled me back.
        "haha oh no you don't horan, come on let's go" kc yells.

         her grip on my arm was really tight, something must have happened between the two of them.

*********

I literally searched up a bunch of sorority rules on the internet so sorry if they're kind of weird, they go along w the story soooo, ANYWAY I love you all & don't forget to vote & comment, as of right now I won't be updating unless each chapter I update has at least 20 reads & 10 votes!! & I'll also be doing dedications, so comment if you wanna be dedicated, love YOU all so much & thank you for all your amazing feedback on this story much love xxx