•Three•

One week later...

"Thank you for coming out here today."

"No problem, Erza." Sting replied cheerfully. Rogue sipped on his tea in silence. Accompanying the Twin Dragon Slayers were Yukino, Rufus, and Orga, who had insisted on being the honor guard for their guild master. Rogue was keeping a very tight grip on Frosch and Lector was sitting very comfortably on Yukino's lap.

"So, what did you call us out here for, Erza-san?" Yukino asked.

Erza's eyes never left the Twin Dragon Slayers when she replied, "I wanted to congratulate you two." When they sent her questioning looks, she added, "On becoming fathers."

Instantly, Sting and Rogue simultaneously spewed their drinks across the table. "Wh-what?!" Rogue choked while Orga thumped a coughing Sting across the back.

"I have no memory of this occurring." Rufus said in disbelief.

"I-I had no idea it was physically possible for you two to...to have..." Yukino stuttered to a halt, her face completely red.

"What? No, we can't-"

"Does that mean I'm an uncle?!" Lector cried excitedly.

"Frosch wants that too!!" Frosch cheered.

"Phrasing, Erza, phrasing." Mira laughed, lightly tapping the scarlet-haired Mage on the head as she brought them towels.

"To be more specific," Erza said. "I'm congratulating you because you weren't aware of the...predicament yet."

"Predicament?" Sting said hoarsely.

"Yes. We discovered a dark guild obsessed with the eradication of dragons and dragon slayers. And among their ranks, we discovered an artificial dragon slayer."

"Not an artificial slayer like Laxus or Cobra." Mira cut in. "But a child created from the magic and essence of all seven dragon slayers." This got Sabertooth's attention.

"Created and raised to be a weapon. A weapon to destroy all sources of dragon magic."

"Raised is too kind a word." Mira added sadly. "They were trained, not raised. The poor thing doesn't even understand the concept of having a choice. In any matter."

"Trained to obey any and all orders without question." Erza nodded in agreement.

"So...when you said that we were fathers..." Rogue trailed off.

"The child is created from the magic of all the dragon slayers, including your own."

"How...how old are they? Our...kid..." Sting had a strange look on his face, as if he couldn't believe those words had just come out of his mouth.

Mira favored him with a small smile. "Your daughter is six years old."

"Daughter?"

"Yes."

"I don't understand. How is this even possible?" Yukino leaned forward anxiously.

Erza gave a deep sigh. "We're not sure yet. What little information we were able to salvage is encoded in a language even our best are having a hard time deciphering."

"What does she look like?" Rogue asked.

"She seems to be an even-"

"Can we meet her?!" Sting interrupted excitedly.

Erza and Mira exchanged a quick glance. "Sting, that might not be the best idea." Mira said gently.

"WHY NOT?! SHE'S OUR D-DAUGHTER!! Man, that feels weird to say... WHY SHOULDN'T WE BE ALLOWED TO SEE HER?!"