•Seventeen•

A/N: Gajeel and Juvia, best BROTP

"Evergreen said you did well on your mission yesterday, Ryuchi~!" Mira giggled, patting the girl's head. "Good job, most of us don't get to go on missions with them." Ryuchi just sighed moodily, plonking her chin down on the counter. "Here, as a reward, why don't you try this new cake Lisanna and I've been working on. It's kiwi-flavored~!" Immediately, Ryuchi popped up, sparkles surrounding her face. "I thought that might get your attention." Mira laughed as the girl started devouring the piece.

************

"So, what now?" Levy asked softly. It was almost impossible to hear her over the ruckus going on, even for Natsu or Wendy had they been paying attention, but she wanted to be absolutely sure.

"We wait." Gajeel answered just as quietly, sipping his coffee. "We told Master and he's talkin' to the Council. At the moment, that's the best we can do."

"Odd that's she's worried about us now." Lily sighed, picking at one of the three small pieces of green cake that had appeared next to him when his back was turned.

"Why's this stuff green anyway?" Gajeel asked, pulling a slice towards him.

"It's kiwi-flavored." The exceed answered simply. "And I have a pretty good idea who put them here." The trio ducked as a table flew overhead.

"Ha! Horrible aim as usual, Ice Princess!"

"Why you-!"

"ENOUGH!!" Erza hollered and the fighters were immediately still.

"Hey, Happy, didn't you say you and Natsu had something important to do today?" Lucy asked the blue exceed.

"Oh yeah! Natsu, Natsu, we were gonna take Ryuchi training today!" Happy yelled, flying over.

"You're right, I forgot! Hey kid, we're gonna train today! Won't that be fun?" Natsu said cheerfully, scooping Ryuchi under his arm.

"Training?" She asked.

"Yeah, we're gonna show ya how real dragonslayers fight! Wendy, Charla, you guys wanna come to?"

"Of course." Charla scoffed. "Given how destructive you can be, we'll need a healer on hand."

"Speaking of destructive, you aren't going to destroy another building are you?" Erza eyed them suspiciously and Natsu flinched.

"No, no, we found this really cool spot in the forest. It's in the middle of nowhere, so the only thing that would get destroyed is trees and stuff." Happy explained cheerfully.

Gajeel and Lily exchanged a glance. "We're comin' to." The slayer announced, getting up from his seat.

"You don't have to come, Gajeel-san. N-not that you can't, but if you'd rather stay here you don't have to force yourself..." Wendy stammered in concern.

"I do wanna come. Besides, someone's gotta unteach the kid all the nonsense Salamander tells her." Gajeel snorted.

"Hey!"

"In that case, should we invite Laxus-san too?" Wendy asked.

"Nah, Sparky already got to hang with her all of yesterday." Gajeel scoffed. "Maybe next time."

"I suppose you're right..."

"Are we just going to stand here or are we actually going to train?" Charla cut in.

"Yeah, let's go!" Happy laughed. The group left and Gajeel spotted Bunnygirl sliding into his vacant spot on the bench. Obviously vetoing the idea of taking a train, Natsu and Happy led them through the air route, Lily carrying Gajeel and Gajeel carrying Ryuchi. The girl seemed absolutely fascinated and was constantly peering down at the landscape passing below them.