Chapter 3

Chapter 3; hospital visits

Rose's point of view

I do not know how long I was under the darkness for. However, I felt myself fighting it coming back to the land of the living is not fun especially when you have endured beating . I heard someone calling my name as I tried to open my eyes although instantly closing them, as the hospital lights in my room were far too bright.

Listing, to whoever was calling my name I realised it was Dimitri. Dimitri placed a hand on my bruised cheek; he gently started stroking my cheek whilst repeating my name. Opening my eyes gently I focused on Dimitri s face and tried to smile but I felt myself wincing in pain.

"Rose is you ok? " Dimitri asked me as he continued to stroke my cheek gently.

Lifting my head slowly to meet his gaze I felt like I was safe for the first time in over a year. I decided that once I answered, Dimitri question that I would tell him everything about this past year.

"I am fine Dimitri this is nothing compared to what I have to go through on a daily basis at home and in school".

Dimitri's hand left my cheek I worried that he was going to get up and leave but he did not he took my hand in his holding on gently as his spoke again. I did not even realise that until now that he had a Russian accent laced into his voice, I even had to admit it was sexy.

"Rose how is worse, you're in the hospital. You have broken ribs a broken arm and a concussion. Not mention heavy bruising to your face. Please let me help you I want to understand and be your friend my Roza". Just as he finished speaking, Abe and Ellen came into my barging room. I start shaking in fear and I could see that Dimitri had worked out why I was so frightened.

Screaming at the top of my lungs, my step mother and father just stood there as Dimitri tried to calm me down. My heart rate went up drastically as I screamed for Dimitri to get them to leave. As the doctors came rushing in they kicked Abe and Ellen out. When they tried to kick Dimitri out of my room, I grabbed a hold of him and refused to let go.

The doctors could see that since my father and stepmother was no longer present that I started to calm down.

Happy that I was calm and they did not need to sedate me, they left me in Dimitri's care. Once everybody had gone, Dimitri pulled me into his arms and as I cried he just held on to me whispering soothing words as he promised not to leave me and that he would let anyone hurt me.

I then poured my heart out and told him everything about the abuse I suffered at the hands of my family.