Queen

1 week earlier. 

Cinder dragged the glove up to her elbow, the satin one, which had been especially made, for her non-cyborg arm. It actually surprised her that the lunar court wanted her to showcase the fact that she was only about halfway human. 

Scratch that-lunar. 

The thin slit in her dress- yeah you heard right-dress, let her foot stand out through a sheer fabric boot. Her dress was a structured red gown that flowed around her. The hips jutted out with futuristic additions, and it all was laid with a thick layer of lace. She felt far too fancy and extremely out of place. Some attendant had even offered to do her hair for her, but with an imaginary blush and a shake of the head, she refused. She tossed her hair into a ponytail, just like old times. However, the attendant kept begging, so she let her come behind and curl the tail into an intricate style and add some kind of oil until her hair shone like velvet. Then, she curled the hair around her face and did everything in her power to make the  girl who grew up a mechanic into a royal. 

Someone pounded on the door just as another maid handed her a hand mirror to check herself out. Cinder spun around, grabbing a sharp ended comb and pointed it at the person who came through the door. Two people ended up coming through. Iko and Princess Winter. 

"WOW, princess. Way to treat your friends." Iko said flippantly, whilist flipping her hair. Cinder took note of her right hand's obviously better style. She wore a paneled, long black dress with a crescent moon wrapping around her waist. Someone had given her a real hair upgrade, trying to appease Cinder in order to not be banished like so many others who fought against the Earthen Union barely a week ago. Anyways, Iko had dyed it a stunning bright blue like before. It was wrapped up like a Grecian goddess's. Way to make a certain guard fall head over heels...

And Winter, just like always, was stunning in a swirling, almost fluid silver dress. Wherever Cress and Scarlet were, she was sure they would look amazing too. 

"Wow, you guys look amazing."

Iko laughed. "Wait until you get a load of yourself." She noticed the small hand mirror Cinder was grasping in her gloved hand. 

"I think you'll need something bigger than to see everything." Winter said surely, waving to another maid. At the moment, the princess's room was crawling with maids, and mirrors for that matter. 

A couple of days ago, Iko had gotten so upset by not being able to see herself she had forced Thorne to fly all the way to Earth in order to receive a whole Rampion's worth of them. Let's just say an abundance of mirrors didn't fully grasp the situation. 

In a moment, someone was standing in front of the princess with a floor length reflection, letting her see the Selene inside of Cinder.  

Is it wrong to say she took her own breath away? The chapel train, and the clothes that were worth probably thousands of dollars, as well as the fact that they weren't oil stained, left her utterly speechless. 

"Well, you're pretty, but I still think I should wear it when you're done, because I would look fabulous." Iko said. 

They laughed until they heard a soft knock on the door. "Cinder?" Cress's voice asked through the door.

She raced to the the door, flinging it open, almost tripping. 

Scarlet stood there too. The gang was all here. All immaculate as expected. (Cress in a Gatsby looking sheath that was short with her hair pinned up, and Scarlet in a plain, but stunning green dress.) 

"Please, tell me it isn't time." Cinder begged breathlessly. 

"Sorry." Scarlet shrugged. 

In a whirlwind, at least 10 people gathered around her to add finishing touches. A last bit of hairspray, one extra jewel around her neck, and of course, the extra long cape embroidered delicately with Luna's colors- black, white, and red. When I say extra long, let me put it into perspective- the gown was chapel length, but the cape was the size of 4 cathedrals. 

Winter and Iko held up the cape as they proceeded to the hall downstairs. Hurrying ahead, Cress and Scarlet gestured for the doors to be opened, the most grand entrance for the most bizaare day in Cinder's life. The two girls let the cape flutter to the ground. They gave her one last nod before joining the audience all around her. Slowly, she made her way down the aisle littered with Lunars and Earthens alike.  She searched for one person in particular.

Kai stood in the front row, smiling like the sun itself. 

I promise to change this corrupt kingdom, this way of life through deceit. I promise to form a republic, and to let voices from even the outermost sectors be heard. I will be different from my mother and from Levana. I will not be queen if the title is all I am willing to be. I am no longer a mechanic, or the long lost princess. I am in who my people believe. Queen Selene.