The Royals Go Missing

"Is that everything, Iko?" Cinder whispered, pulling her old gloves on under a thin jacket. Yesterday, finally, Iko had forgiven her. And not two moments later, she had gotten away from meetings to pack enough stuff in 4 duffle bags for Iko, Cinder, and Princess Winter. 

After an exhausting day of dissolving the monarchy, Iko gifted her an exhausting night of packing and planning. It was now six a.m. and Cinder was running out of steam. She plopped down on her bed to fold a couple pairs of jeans and shirts. 

"It should be. I just have to sneak Winter out to the port in five."

"Okay. Thorne'll be waiting?"

"Yeah, him and a couple others." 

"What do you mean, a couple of others?" She asked. 

Her net started going off and she grabbed two duffle bags and waved goodbye, answering it as she shut the door behind her. 

Sighing, Cinder pulled her hair up and flipped her hood up. Then, she cleared her mind and let herself do the one thing she promised not to abuse, but had to. She used her glamour. Her dark hair became platinum blonde and her face became small and button-like. She wore a simple maid's uniform and her bags became small and thin and inconspicuous. In the mirror, she was still herself, but on the outside,  she looked a lot like Cress. 

She fluffed the pillows and made it look as if she was still asleep. 

Then, she switched off the lights and ran. 

With her head down, she traipsed down several flights of stairs and through back hallways. She avoided any contact with other human beings or Lunars until the doors to the port were within view. Then, she turned a corner. Someone grabbed her shoulder. Spinning around, she feigned innocence. 

"What are you doing here?" A guard, or rather, an old friend. 

"Idiot, it's me." Figuring it was fine to look like herself, she dissolved her glamour and glared at Jacin. 

"Oh, forgive me Majesty." 

"Don't start Jace. Let's go." He grabbed a bag from her and they rushed to the deck. 

Memories flooded her brain, painfully but with a smile, as the Rampion rushed into view. 

"Is everyone here already?" 

"We were waiting on you." He said. 

Cinder stopped in front of the ramp entrance. Rapping her knuckles on the edge, she waited for it to come down. 

With a loud squeaking, the ramp opened up to a line of people. Cress, Thorne, Winter, Iko. And behind the tallest of everyone- Thorne, a head of dark hair popped out. 

"Hey, princess." Thorne said, waving. She handed him her bag and shoved him out of the way.

Kai grinned at her. "Long time no see." 

It was about half a day to get to France to see Scarlet and Wolf. And in those 12 hours, half the world exploded thinking they had been kidnapped. 

"Really, by who do they think?" Cinder asked, sitting up to stretch on the top bunk in one of the rooms. She had been asleep for about ten of the twelve hours of the trip. 

"I don't know, I asked Torin to make something up for all of us." Kai said from the bunk below hers. 

"Oh good, I'll send him a fruit basket or something to thank him." She sighed. 

"Hey," he said, standing up and resting his chin on the rail of the bunk, "We'll be fine. It's supposed to be vacation."

"And?" She asked, exasperated.

"You're supposed to vacate." 

"I really don't think that means what you think it means." 

He laughs, and reaches his hand through the rail to hold hers. She leans down to rest her chin on his head. "I think I can make words up as I please." He mumbles. 

Rolling her eyes, she stretches again before getting up and kicking Kai out to get dressed. 

"Landing in approximately 15 minutes." Chimed the ceiling. Or rather, the Rampion. 

Cinder came into a small living area within the ship where everyone had been lounging. She kicked Iko off of the spot next to Kai, where she had been chatting the poor boy's ear off and plopped down next to him. 

"You look nice," he murmured.

"Oh, thanks." She replied in a small voice. 

Recently, Iko had revamped her wardrobe a bit. Instead of cargo pants, she now wore tight fitting jeans. And instead of an old t-shirt, she had a white flowy shirt and leather jacket on. 

Her old boots still clung to her feet, though, as well as her gloves on her hands.

 "Best if the papparazzi catch you, that you look fine." Iko had said.

She had laughed at that, but was okay with the new fashion. 

"So, what's the plan once we get there?" Cinder asked. 

"Well, from what I'm picking up, we have a whole wedding to plan in 3 short days." Cress chimed in while leaning against the wall. "As if having to disappear wasn't enough stress."