News All Around

3 weeks after they had left, Kai and Cinder came back to the Commonwealth. Dropping off things at the house, they hiked down to the castle by themselves, taking them ten times as long, but half an hour later, they were well energized.

They were welcomed in with smiles and a cup of cold tea, as well as badgering from at least 27 people. Separated by different royal things, Cinder ended up in a conference room, speaking to someone about her loose plans for a Lunar Sickness clinic. She really had left it as an idea, but now they were actually jumping on it. Finally, they had gotten the information they needed and hung up.

All of a sudden, Iko came bursting in, throwing her arms around Cinder.

"I missed you So much, Cinder! And you will not believe the news."

Cinder held up her hands, fending her off. "Wow, slow down. Tell me later, okay. We all just got back."

"Okay, but you are going to freak." She told her.

At dinner that night, not only Iko, but also Jacin and Winter, and Cress and Thorne joined them. So much for a quiet entrance. She didn't mind the familiar company, however.

As they chatted, Cinder remembered, "You were going to tell me something Iko?"

Iko glanced at Cress, "I guess that really isn't my news to tell."

Cress looked up with a full mouth. She was on her third plate. Honestly, it was the most anyone had ever seen her eat. She swallowed and took a drink. Placing her hand on top of the one Thorne had sitting on the table she pursed her lips. Finally, she smiled "We're engaged and I'm pregnant."

Suddenly, the table was in an uproar. They were all beaming, asking questions, eyeing her tiny yet round stomach. All of the noise suddenly got to Cinder's head. She excused herself and went to her room within the castle. She sat down on the bed and took a deep breath. Then, she was in the bathroom, heaving up her food. She had never felt this sick in a long, long time.

"Hey, let me help you." Kai said, handing her a towel and running into the hallway, asking someone for some stomach meds.

She sat back down on the bed, head pounding. When Kai came back in, he handed her some Tums. "What do you think is wrong?"

"I think...I'm not sure."

"What?"

"I think Cress and I might need to have a joint baby shower." she said, looking at him excpectantly.

Kai stared at her his expression gradually growing from confused to OH MY STARS MY WIFE IS HAVING A BABY in 2.21 seconds.

Okay this seems a little much, but it's all part of my evil plan.