Chapter 3

AW YEA CHATER 3!

It's nearly my birthday and I need to tidy my room but Instead I am giving you a chapter so I hope you are happy!

This is dedicated to Beth, Emily, Cynthia, Inaz, Renee and Tabea for being absolutely awesome and I love you all to bits.

I realllly like these scenes so ENJOY!

Dean waited a few nights before following Jo’s instructions. He was worried that if he if he showed up Cas would kill him because it was his space and the only place he felt at peace and who was he to ruin that for somebody? Dean stayed awake every night, tossing and turning but he never managed to get himself past the bedroom door.

Cas climbed out of the window and climbed up the hill. He felt the wet grass between his toes and smiled. He looked down at his toes and wiggled them around a bit making himself laugh. The moon was full and Cas felt free. He ran around sliding on his bare feet on the dewy grass laughing. He let himself fall to the ground and started mindlessly picking at the grass. He picked one blade of grass and held it between his two thumbs and blew. He had seen Anna do this before when she got really bored and he always loved the sound it made. He blew again but no sound came out. Frustrated he sat up and focused on the blade of grass in his hand. Maybe he had a bad bit. He threw the piece of grass away and picked another one. Again he placed it between his fingers raised it to his mouth.

“I could teach you if you like.”

Cas nearly toppled backwards at the voice and accidentally inhaled the piece of grass that had been between his fingers. He started choking but eventually started to calm down.

“Sorry I scared you...”

Cas just stared in shock as the other boy walked out of the shadow of the trees and into the clearing.

Cas was still recovering from his grass incident but caught his breath enough to speak.

“How-“ Cough “How long have you been watching?” Cas squinted his eyes accusingly.

“Not long. Do you want to learn?” Dean picked a piece of grass and nervously held it out to Cas. Cas accepted it cautiously and Dean picked another one for himself.

“Ok so you have to make sure the grass is tight between your thumbs and it has to be as straight as possible. Cas watched carefully as Dean demonstrated and tried to copy him.

“Then you just place your lips here like so, and blow.” Dean blew and Cas smiled as he heard a sharp whistle.

“Now you try.”

Cas concentrated and tried to do exactly what the other boy had done. He raised the blade of grass to his lips and blew. He laughed in delight as he heard the same sharp whistle from his own piece of grass.

The two boys laughed and Cas lay back on the grass.

“Hi. I’m Dean Winchester. I don’t think we were ever properly introduced.”

Dean stuck out his hand to Cas who took it and smiled.

“Castiel Novak. Let’s try again.”

Dean nodded and lay down on the grass next to Cas.

“Did Jo tell you to come here?”

“What if she did?”

“Oh nothing I just wondered.”