Chapter 11 Ow.

"Do you think she's awake yet?" says a concerned voice "I'm calling her parents" yells a voice farther away. I slowly open my eyes. A bright light forces me to close them shut again. I try yet again to open them to see four faces staring down at me; Sienna, principle Haller, Jonah and Ms. Smith. "She's awake!" yells Sienna. Suddenly the door opens and I see my mom and dad rushing towards me. "Oh baby! Are you ok? What happened? Who did this to you?!" a rush of words come streaming out of her mouth in a steady stream of are you oks and what happeneds. My dad simply asks "How are you honey?" I shrug which sends a sharp pain shooting up my left shoulder. Flinching, Sienna reaches for me and grabs my hand gently, "It's ok Jesse, Katie hit you really hard on your neck with the dodgeball, you have a slight concussion and swelling in your left shoulder". Well at least that explains the pain in my shoulder. "Come on sweetie, let's go home and get you in bed." My mom starts to lift me up out of the make-shift bed I was lying down in. "Wait. Jesse? Can I talk to you? Alone." Says Jonah. I stare at Sienna my parents and the teachers. They slowly back out of the room and shut the door. It's just me and Jonah now. Alone. My stomach starts doing backflips and summersaults. I run my fingers through my tangled hair trying -and failing- to make myself look presentable. "Hey." He says while sitting on the edge of the bed. "Uh hi" I reply nervously. Did I mention that I'm very nervous? I think I did. "Sorry 'bout Katie. Sometimes she can be a real bitch."  I laugh "You think?" He smiles at me. God. Those eyes. Deep green. The kind of deep green I could fall into and stay there forever. I gulp and tear my eyes away suddenly interested in the sheet covering me. I feel my cheeks start to get hot but will them to stop. "Well I better get going, French next" he starts to get up but I pull on his arm "Thanks again, for you know-" "It's fine i get it" he smiles and I let go of his arm. I watch as he opens up the door and walks out. "Shit" I think to myself "What was I thinking? Uhhhhhh thanks??!! Stupid me. I push my head into the pillow. My eyes start to flutter and suddenly I feel exhausted. I close my eyes and dream.

I wake up in my own bedroom. I turn my head and check the time. 7:25 pm. I climb out of my bed and pull on my Adidas hoodie. I check in Eli's room, he's sitting on his bed on his laptop. I turn into Heathers' and see her at her desk listening to music and doing her homework. I walk downstairs into the kitchen and check my phone. 4 missed calls 'Sienna' I text her
Jesse: Sry was sleeping. Not feeling that great:( wanna come over to watch reruns of Glee?
I hit send and watch as the little green bar reached full. "Jesse baby? How are you feeling?" I hear my mom yell from the tv room. I walk over and cuddle in next to her. "Not great mom" I say as I watch the weather on the big screen. "Aw honey, the doctor said that you'll need to stay away from any athletic activities for 4 days. If you don't want to go to school, I'll inform your teachers you won't be there." "No mom I'm fine I'll go." I say with a yawn. "You sure honey? You took quite a hit" I smile at how lucky I am to have such and amazing family. "Yeah mom I'm sure" "Now that's my strong girl." She says and squeezes me in a hug. My phone buzzes so I get up and check it
Sienna: Yeah sure! B there soon:)<3
I smile.
"Knock knock knock" I run to the door and pull it open. I'm tackled by a big, gentle bear hug. "Sienna!Come in." I close the door and we run up the stairs together. We both fall into my bed in a big sigh. "So how was the rest of your day?" I ask propping myself up on one of my big fluffy pillows mom bought me for my shoulder. "Eh not much. I sat with James at lunch though." She says with a wide eyed grin on her face. "Aw thats so cute!" I check my calendar March 13th. "And guess what else? HE ASKED ME TO THE SPRING FLING DANCE!!!" She squeals "OH MY FUCKING GOD SIENNA!!!" We jump on my bed and start dancing our asses off. If you haven't already fugures it out, the spring fling is one of the only dances we have at our middle school. Apart from the grad dance and Halloween. The big day is March 29th. I haven't even thought about it since now. I say "Omg I'm so happy for you! Wanna celebrate with a tub of cream and The Titanic?" Knowing she'll say yes "Yesss yay!!" she says with a huge goofy grin on her face. We crawl down into the basement with our ice cream and pop in the CD. Sometimes you just need a big tub of chocolate ice cream, your best friend and the Titanic to make good news better.