Chapter 4

Holy shit. What is it with me and my fucking ability to always be in the weirdest of situations?

Sophie tries to pretend that she has to go back to the employee department, but she sees that there's just no way out.

"Sophie," I say her name out loud.

I can see that she's really nervous. She licks her lips and tries her best to avoid eye contact.

"Tyler," she forces a smile.

"It's been ages," I tell her after some seconds. It seems that every moment that passes, the awkward tension increases between us.

"It really has," she nods her head. "How are you?" She asks after a while

Mom is looking around through the shop and doesn't even notice what's going on.

"I'm good. I've been living back at Boston." I answer.

"Yeah, I heard about it." She lets out a small smile, a little more real than the first one.

The door behind her opens to reveal a little girl. Her ginger hair is tied in two ponytails and she looks adorable.

"Mommy, mommy. Where are my crayons?" She asks. To say I look shocked would be a huge understatement.

Sophie is a mom now?

The little girl looks at me and backs off a little.

"Nikki, this is a friend of mommy's." She tells the little girl that seems to be two or three years old and carries her in her arms.

"What's his name, Mommy?" Nikki asks, playing with her own hair.

"It's uncle Tyler." Sophie says and looks at me like she's asking for permission to call me that. I smile and walk closer.

"Hey, Nikki." I tell her. She smiles a little and grabs my hand.

"Do you wanna see my drawings?" She asks and I say yes. She walks back to the room behind the door.

I look at Sophie. She smiles and then turns to me.

"I got pregnant when I was in college," She tells me. "I couldn't study and take care of Nikki alone, so I just stop attending." She sighs.

"She's adorable," I say.

"Yeah, she is. She's the best thing that ever happened to me. One year ago I bought this store with the help of dad. I have nothing to complain about." She plays a little with her hair and I smile, happy for her.

Nikki comes back later with some papers in her hand and shows me her drawings.

Sophie tells her to go do her homework.

"Have you seen her yet?" She asks me. I know she's talking about Stephanie.

"I saw her. She didn't see me." I answer her.

"Do.." Sophie rambles. "Do you still feel the same about her?" She asks me.

"I don't think I'll ever stop," I face the floor.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. For everything. I'm not the same girl I was in high school and I know how much that girl sucked." She bites her lip.

"No one beat me." I laughed. "I ranked the first place in the douchebag classifications." She joins me in the laughter.

"I won't discuss about that," she says and I laugh a little bit more.

It's kind of weird to think how far we have come since high school times.

She tells me that she has to leave Nikki in her ballet school and I tell her we have to go back home.

Mom eyes me curiously as we step in the car. She asks me if something is wrong and I say no, actually meaning it.

She looks me in the eye and I just stare out the window with a blank look. For a moment, I see a blonde girl with her back on me walking towards a building and on the moment she turns to my direction, I see her face for some milliseconds, but then I just tell myself it's not really her and look away.

---
Chapters in this story aren't anymore like a regular story in which something really important happen in each of them. It's a short story, not a full length one.

I'm sorry for the late update. ❤️

Can you guys please give me feedback of this story to help me make it better? Please? :)

Love u all,

Jas, xx.