Chapter 6: The Reservation

Edward's POV

Rosalie had just finished getting Carly dressed because she believed that her dad couldn't dress her because he was a boy and dressed weirdly. She came out in a colourful summer dress that her aunt Alice bought for her.

R: Edward, are you sure about taking her? I know that you said that you know Jacob but you don't know his family. They could hurt her.

E: I won't let that happen to her, Rose. We'll leave at the first sign of danger and besides, I can read minds so I'll know if they want to do anything before they do it.

R: Be safe.

E: I will, I promise. It's actually sweet that you're this worried about us.

R: I'm not actually. I'm worried about Carly, you, you can stay there just bring her back.

E: I'll make sure that she comes and visits you at least once a month.

R: Oh, don't you dare. (She warned)

Ca: I'm ready, daddy.

E: And you look good, now say goodbye to aunt Rose so that we can leave because uncle Emmy is already waiting for us.

R: You know, maybe I should come along on the drive with you and Emmett, just to be safe.

E: No, absolutely now Rosalie. You might just scare Jacob away, you're staying right here. We'll be fine, I promise.

R: Okay but I don't like this one bit.

E: I know, now say goodbye to Carly so that we can leave.

Rosalie said goodbye to Carly and then watched as the two of them left the house and walked over to Emmett's jeep.

...

E: Thanks for driving us to the border, Em.

Em: No problem bud, someone has to make sure that my niece is safe.

E: As opposed to her father?

Em: It was either me or Rosalie, so be grateful that I agreed.

E: I am. (He smiled)

Em: Do you need me to come pick you up later on?

E: I don't know. I'll find out and let you know.

Em: Okay.

...

Jacob's POV

Jacob was walking around, stressing about every small detail which was really amusing his father because this was the first time that he saw him in this state.

B: Son, you need to calm down or you'll tire yourself out and then you'll be no good for anyone today.

J: I can't dad, everything has to be perfect.

B: Why, I thought that Edward was just your friend.

J: Dad. (He whined)

B: I know, I know. Are you not supposed to be leaving soon to go pick Edward and his daughter up by the border?

J: I will as soon as the guys get here. I need to say something quickly before Edward gets here.

S: And what would that be? (He asked coming into the house closely followed by the rest of the pack)

J: Good, you're all here. I need to ask you all a favour.

Q: Go ahead.

J: Edward can read minds, like we can when we're phased but he can do it all the time and he can't control it, so I just wanted to ask you guys not to think about the whole imprint thing until I have the chance to talk to him. Please guys.