Chapter 20

I shivered at that horrible thought. It's now 10 pm and I'm getting tired. I laid down and soon drifted into a dream I wish wasn't reality.

"Hey Val let's go get some groceries." My dad said.

"Alright dad I'll be out in a minute."

I quickly straightened up, I ran down the stairs and into my dads car.
"Hi daddy." I said with a quick kiss to his cheek.
"Hi darling how's your day been going?" He asked. Today was one of those days he gets home early from work and we spend it together. I told him how my day was going and how obnoxious the kids at school are, I told him about my boring teacher and my grades. We just kept a funny conversation going. I turned to look at my dad, and I swear I saw a glimpse of panic in his eyes, before it soon faded.
"Hey Val, I want you to put your seatbelt on, be good and stay safe, I love you, you know that right? When we get home go to my office and look at the back of that big picture, there's a vault there. I want you to get to code from under my desk. Yeah?" He said while smiling.
"Okay dad I love you too. And I will do just that." I laughed lightly. I looked ahead and saw the street light, but my dad didn't seem to stop the car. I look to my right and see a big 18 wheeler coming from the right.
"Dad why aren't you slowing down! Dad the trailer is coming. Dad stop!" I yelled, panic taking over.
"I love you baby girl you'll make it on your own, I'm going to your mom now okay. Take care."He said with tears coming down his face. That's when the trailer came in to contact with the side of the car, his side. "DAAA-

"-Ahhhhhh!" I screamed as I jump up from my bed. I looked at the side if my bed to see it was three am. I took a deep breath as I felt my lip quiver, tears slowly slipped out my eyes. I miss dad so much. I want him to be back here. I want him by my side. If the stupid mechanic would have checked the brakes of my dads car more carefully, he would still be here, I would still be happy. But I'm not. I let small sobs slip out my mouth. I got my phone of my bedside and dialed his number.

"Hello?" I hear a groggy voice coming from the other end.
"Harry..." I sobbed.
"Val what's wrong, why are you crying?"
"I miss my dad so much, I need him. I don't know if I can handle being alone any much longer."
"Your not alone love. I'm here for you, I always will be okay?"
"You don't understand, he was the one to get up when I had nightmares of my mom, he'd come at this time and calm my crying down, he'd tell me soothing things. I don't have that. All I have is a drunk off her ass step mom. Who is probably not even home right now. She's probably at a bar, and won't arrive till three days later. " I cried even harder.
"What's you address?"
"1235 oak stree-" a loud sound of thunder came. It's gonna rain. Oh no.
"Harry please come...." I sobbed louder with the thunder.
All I heard was the line going dead at the other end. Great. He probably thinks I'm pathetic now.