Chapter 7

Either way, there is always something that will make a simple ride unforgettable.

Everyone knows that he's a person that always give a joke, but the truth is that sometimes, he's a type of man that cries in simple things— only when touched.

“Kumakain na si Baby Ma?”

Akala niya, kung ano na ang nangyari nung una. But there's a statement that almost made his body fall down.

“Umuwi ka na muna anak. Tagal mo ng hindi umuuwi eh. Miss ka na namin.”

Kung pwede lang, uuwi na siya. The problem was he's enggaged in that kind of life full of pressure. Sanay na sanay na siya kung paano patatakbuhin yung buhay niya na mag-isa. Pero habang hindi niya nakikita yung pamilya niya, hindi niya makakaya lahat.

“Ma—”

“Sige na. Alam ko naman na hindi pa makakauwi ang gwapo kong bunso. Ingat palagi ha? Labyu.”

He wanted to laugh with the word GWAPO but the situation didn't let him. He heard the heavyheartedness in his Mother's tone and after hanging up the phone, he felt like he was left alone walking along the verge, nowhere to be found.

Hayst. Cheer up!

Green garden caught his attention. For sure, he just need relaxation. Beside the garden was a bench, sandali siyang umupo roon. Lunch time, maraming naglalakad na estudyante sa paligid. Yung iba, pinagtitinginan siya at itinuturo but he made himself busy playing FOCUS. Good thing, na-set niya yung score sa New Best!

When he roamed his eyes around, ininggit siya ng isang couple

When he roamed his eyes around, ininggit siya ng isang couple. His weak heart wanted to jump out. Palagi na lang ipinapamukha sa kanya kung gaano siya kapalpak na boyfriend. Bwisit!

Pero naalis agad yung tingin niya sa dalawa ng dumating si Rem at umupo sa tabihan niya. He was nervous. Baka pag nakita sila ni Eloiza, isipin niya na si Rem eh isang Third Party. But he used to enjoy her company.

“Lakas ng karisma natin pare ah!”

He sighed, cheeks burning and lips withered. He's definitely flattered. His heart was pumping fastly but his mind was at Eloiza.

“How to be a good boyfriend?” he suddenly asked Rem, trying to change topic. But he still wanted to ask that question to be answered by a suggestion.

“Ano ba ‘yang mga tanong na ‘yan?!”

Lee chuckled. Bakit nga ba niya itinatanong sa isang babae yung tanong na panlalaki? For sure, wala siyang alam.

In order to write a befitting article, a Writer should have an idea how to answer questions to formulate a Lead, Body and Ending. But he was clueless how passion in writing could be applicable in love.

“Make a girl special, be a gentleman.” Rem bowed her head. “Ano pa ba? Uhh— give enough time.”

His eyes widened, because he didn't expect an answer. Ayos na sana yung naunang dalawang suggestions, but the third suggestion... that was an insult.

Hindi niya alam, yun talaga ang gusto ng mga babae. Rem was also shocked with Lee's reaction. “Tangina bakit?”

He made a laugh— a literally made laugh with emotions transparent, disappointment marked on his face. “Wala. Naalala ko lang yung Aura ni Vice.”

“Asus! Tinatanong mo dahil kay Riva? Ikaw yan at tanggap ka nun!”

Bago pa siya makulit ni Rem eh tumayo na kaagad siya. Riva is not his priority, and will never be his priority. They are strangers— only fuckin’ strangers.

They spent time eating Lunch at the school Cafeteria, where a piece of hotdog costs 30 pesos. No choice, hindi rin naman pwedeng lumabas ng campus.

“Ang ganda ni Riva ‘no? Biruin mo, isang FilAm na nagkagusto sa’yo? Jackpot ka na nun!”

“She's not my type. May girlfriend ako. Tsaka si Yaya Dub ang type ko. Mas maganda yun,” pagkontra ni Lee.

Nagsalubong ang kilay ni Rem. With her mouth full, she wanted to shout. Ayaw na ayaw niya kay Maine, unlike the majority. Nilulon niya yung pagkain, galit na galit.

“Kainin mo yung Yaya Dub na makapal na ang labi, pasikat at papansin pa!”

After a couple of minutes, she walked away and he was left. . . ALONE AGAIN.

Back to the office, he made himself busy editing. He’s out of his mind. He called Rem but she just ignored him. That was ridiculous! Hindi tuloy siya makapag-edit nang maayos. His eyes were irritated with the monitor’s light. Until he clicked the X icon and he almost shouted. Good thing, naka-autosave ang document ng News Article na ine-edit niya. His stupidity could make everything more complicated.

It took almost 3 hours to accomplish activities and quizzes for this day. After that, he directed to a coffee shop just to find himself again. But as he entered, the surroundings even became darker, a Princess came out of his sight not too far away. He didn't know that she was a fairy to make his world colorful and magical. With her eyes stuck on him, he felt drowned. He didn’t blink, afraid that tears would fall and he didn’t want it to happen.

The Princess took a deep breath, a genuine smile was plastered on her face. She offered him a seat, two cups of Machiatto on the table. This is the place where his Prince spends his time to relax. And he was wrong for the nth time, but one thing is for sure— he will never regret going to this place where they first met, where a simple ride became unforgettable.