What's his name?

You are on vacation for the summer. Your mom insisted on going to a place called, "Beach City." You had no idea why, well actually, you did. Beach City is where your parents got married. Your mom dearly missed her husband and wished to revisit the romantic place where they fell in love and got married.

Your dad passed away from skin cancer. And if you knew him, and you were telling me about him, you probably wouldn't want to talk about it. You'd be bawling your eyes out. So let's continue.

You decided to take a walk on the beach. Sometimes you wished you would've stayed back at home, in the big city.

Let's move on!!

(You're P.O.V.)

I sighed with relief as I stepped out of the beach house. My mom was throwing a fit over where to eat tonight with her friends and I really didn't want to deal with that.

I slipped off my flip flops and stepped out onto the warm sand. I wriggled my toes as I sunk down into the sand.

So romantic. Now, only if my boyfriend came with me... I thought dreamily. Now, only if I had a boyfriend. I chuckled at my joke.

I pranced along the shore, the lukewarm water felt nice against underneath my feet. I came along a dock and walked along it as well. There was an arcade, fast food restaurants, a car wash, and much more. I saw a donut shop afar off. I didn't feel like being around a bunch of people, so I tip toed across the boardwalk, careful not to get any splinters.

I jumped back into the hot sand. I ran back into the water and sat down at the edge of the water, my feet resting in the water. Then I saw two shapes walking along the shore. It was like a tomato and a pea taking a stroll on the beach.

I giggled and looked the other way. Once I was close enough to hear their footsteps, I turned to look at them. The boy was cute. He had blackish brown curly hair, a red T-shirt with a yellow star on it, a pair of blue jeans, and red flip flops. The other person, which I think was a girl, had triangle shaped hair, some sort of swimsuit on, and leggings. Her appearance was odd.

I wrinkled my nose. Then I smiled.

Wait, I didn't even know her. I can't judge her, I thought, catching myself judging her.

"The cluster... Dangerous!!" the girl's scratchy voice was drowned out by the ocean.

"Peri, just relax," the boy replied dreamily.

"Relax? At a time like this?"

The boy smiled. "Yes."

"Peri" frowned and crossed her arms. The boy leaned closer to her as they stopped and looked at the sunset.

"Am I too close?" the boy asked, his dark eyes twinkling.

"No."

"Uh... Hi!" I beamed.

"Oh, hi!!" the boy answered cheerfully, taking a small step away from "Peri."

"How are you guys doing?" I asked awkwardly.

Aww!! Stupid, stupid, stupid!! 'How are you guys doing?' I don't even know them!! Argh!!

"Uh... Good!! What's your name?"

"Um... (Y/n)!!" I responded.

"(Y/n), I like that name!! This is Peridot and I'm-" he was about to introduce himself before a purple girl jogged up to her.

"Hey!! Steve-man!! We need you back at the tower!!" she panted.

"Why?"

"Umm... The cookies are ready...," the purple girl stammered.

"Oh, I forgot. I'll be right there."

She nodded and rushed up a hill and to a huge beach house!!

Woah!! I wish I lived there.

The boy smiled at me and followed her.

Peridot stayed behind.

"What's his name? I mean, it certainly can't be 'Steve-man', can it?" I asked desperately.

"Uh, no. It's Steven," she answered annoyed. Peridot stomped after Steven.

"Ahhhhhhh... Steven. Hmm! Dreamy!!" I whispered to myself.