Lars and Sadie

The sand felt hot, even through my Nike's. I made my way to the boardwalk. It was hot outside and slowly I began to break a sweat.

I walked along the shore and looked up at where Steven's shape had disappeared By the time I got to The Big Donut, I was panting. The A/C blasted me in the face and I sighed a sigh of relief. I looked around and saw two people behind a counter. And behind them was a fridge full of donuts. My mouth watered as I pranced over to the counter, suddenly feeling energized.

The two people were talking about something when I greeted them.

"Hi!!" I beamed.

"Lars, st-", the girl began. "Oh, hi." She blushed.

I looked up at the tall guy standing next to her. Or at least he was tall compared to her height.

"Lars" sneered at me, apparently annoyed at my intrusion of their conversation.

"What can I get you?" Lars asked, with a tired tone.

"Um, two chocolate donuts, please," I said politely.

"Sure. Sadie," Lars shot the girl a look who sighed and gave him a knowing look.

Sadie, being much shorter than Lars, reached under the glass counter and grabbed two chocolate donuts. She stood up and from Lars, grabbed a paper bag and placed them carefully in it. Lars took it from her.

"How much?" I asked.

Lars told me the price and was given a ten dollar bill. He inserted it in the cash register and gave me my change.

"Receipt?"

I was going to refuse to see Lars already had placed the receipt in the brown bag and rolled it up.

"Sure," I answered when he pushed it across the counter to me. "Thanks."

"Have a good day," Sadie chimed in with the bell of the door closing.

I smiled at Sadie through the glass window. Lars just sneered and continued the conversation. Sadie gave Lars a knowing look, as if he did that a lot before smiling back.

I smirked at how Lars thought he was cool. How he thought he could keep his job like that. Surely someone would tell the manager.

I snickered and walked over to the shore and sat down in the sand. I opened the brown paper bag and pulled out a donut.

My mouth continued to water as I took a bite. Mom usually wouldn't let me have donuts.

I soon finished up the donuts and quickly found a trash can and throwing the bag and receipt away. I wandered around the boardwalk to find an arcade.

I walked inside and wandered a little there as well.

I looked around before realizing I'd need to buy tokens or coins and all that good stuff to play. I made my way out of the arcade. As I was exiting, I heard a familiar voice.

I turned around and saw Steven.

I walked up to him and was about to tap on his back. But then, I would seem like a freak. A stalking freak. Of course, I didn't stalk him. But it would seem like that.

I had played my greeting over and over in my head.

Fancy meeting you here.

Then, that seemed creepy.

I just decided to bail. Considering I had already bumped into him a few times, I definitely would meet him again.

I ambled across the boardwalk and passed "Beach Citywalk Fries" and Fish Stew Pizza. I waved at a boy with blonde, curly hair at Beach Citywalk Fries.

I casted a longing glance at the arcade as I passed it on my way back to the house.

As I stomped on the sand, I looked up at Steven's house. I frowned.

You'll see him again.

I nodded and opened the door to the house as soon as I reached it.