1

one —

the best part about fridays was being able to hang out with my best friend, minah, after school at my house. she would always sleep over until saturday afternoon—specifically afternoon since she and i both always woke up around twelve after staying up either watching movies, or doing loads of crazy shit. and one thing that went into the 'crazy shit' category was a little incident that involved exo's park chanyeol.

"fam," i called her one night at my house, hanging upside-down on my bed as she texted in her group chat with her phone. she lifted her head up to look at me, waiting for my next words. "can i use your phone to stalk chanyeol on instagram?" a smile grew on my face.

she let out a sigh. "use your own phone! i don't want chanyeol's crusty ass on my recently searched." clearly, she wasn't a big chanyeol fan like i was; she was all about seventeen's vernon.

i groaned. "it's too far," i drawled, dropping my body lazily from the bed, landing painlessly on the floor. knowing that it was her cue to get me my phone, she proceeded to do so and tossed it to me. i breezily caught it and unlocked it. once on chanyeol's instagram page, i scrolled through all the photos, smiling to myself like an idiot, causing minah to give me an odd glare. "i love him. don't judge me," i said.

"hani, he's ugly, though. vernon is like, ten thousand times hotter," she replied. i wasn't so offended, considering that almost eighty percent of our friendship consisted of teasingly insulting each other's biases, or how we like to call them: our husbands.

"you wish."

sighing, she reached over to me with her hand. "give me your phone, i wanna see if i can finally find an actually decent picture of him."

"hey! he looks hella fine in every picture!" i guarded my phone with my hands.

"just give me!"

i pursed my lips, releasing a breath from my nose as i handed her my phone. knowing her and how she was, i already knew it was okay to feel scared. taking notice of her actions, i saw her move a thumb here, move a thumb there, then start to type, which made me jump with energy and unsuccessfully attempt snatching my phone back. she mischievously giggled before handing me my phone back, leaving me to find a dm conversation with chanyeol. automatically, my jaw dropped at the message.

omghani:
chanyeol oppa i think u got me pregnant /:

"song minah!" i gave her a nice, big smack on the shoulder, but that didn't stop her from falling into a pit of uncontrollable laughter. "oh my god! i can't believe you!"

i immediately tapped on the message to 'unsend' it before he saw it until minah's voice stopped me. "no! don't delete it! i wanna see what he says!"

i rolled my eyes. "it's not like he's gonna reply anyways."

"well, if you're gonna think that way, then just leave it." she winked.

sighing, i pinched the bridge of my nose. "why do i even hang out with you?"

"because you love me," she sang, giving me a hug.

"shut up." i laughed, and she joined me.

interrupting our laughter, my phone dinged. minah and i both shot each other glances—hers was mischievous, whereas mine was more towards terrified. quickly, we averted our gazes to my phone screen to find a reply from the holy park chanyeol.

well, not so holy anymore.

real__pcy:
WHAT

real__pcy:
wait..

real__pcy:
YOU were the girl from that night??????

"wait, wait, wait." i rubbed my eyes, not believing what i had just read. "what the fuck?!"

"oh my god!" minah belted out a laugh.

i panicked and tapped on minah's arm nervously. "what do i say?!"

"go along with it!"

"no! last time i went along with one of your little plans, i ended up breaking my arm, so i'd rather not," i argued.

"you're very no fun." minah shook her head.

i began to type, ignoring her remark.

omghani:
wait what

omghani:
that was my ugly friend minah who sent that as a joke lmao

real__pcy:
o

real__pcy:
lol shit

real__pcy:
um i was just kidding about the thing above btw lol

omghani:
yeah ok

omghani:
you're a bad liar

real__pcy:
in the arms of an angel ):

omghani:
its ok fam i wont tell anyone

real__pcy:
thanks

omghani:
if you write a rap about me

real__pcy:
WHAT

real__pcy:
no wtf i dont even know u

omghani:
u didnt know the girl u fucked either but yall still had fun didnt u

real__pcy:
OH MY GOD

omghani:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

real__pcy:
im honestly feeling so attacked rn

omghani:
rap ur feelings to sehun

real__pcy:
WHAT IS THIS

real__pcy:
I DONT EVEN KNOW UR NAME

omghani:
my name is esteban julio ricardo dela rosa ramirez

omghani:
and youre watching disney channel

omghani:
jk im oh hani

real__pcy:
omg ok but youre not gonna tell anyone about the thing, right?????

omghani:
mmmm idk ill think about it

real__pcy:
pls

omghani:
shut up

real__pcy:
GOODbYE

omghani:
xoxo have a great day

real__pcy:
dont tell me what to do

i snickered along with minah. "i deserve an award for this," i commented.

"well, if it weren't for me, this wouldn't have happened," minah mentioned," so you're welcome."