Chapter Twenty-Eight | Strife, Part Two

Beastboy woke back up with a groan. He had been grateful when his body finally let him sleep, but quickly was starting to regret it when he tried to move his arms and legs, only to find that they had went numb in his awkward, imprisoned position.

He tried not to think as he rolled his shoulders and moved his toes to try and get some feeling back. Normally he was very good at that, the not thinking. Just hand him a controller or a remote and he was all but gone from the world.

But he had no controller. No remote. Not even friends.

He gritted his teeth.

No don't think. Don't think. Don't think.

You sold them out. You told him everything. They are going to be captured--or worse, all because of you.

Don'--

Do you think she'd be happy you did this for her?

Beastboy looked up to see Raven still imprisoned in that glass cylinder across the room. Impossibly, she still had the energy to beat her body against the walls. But he knew it wasn't her. He had seen those red eyes of hers before. Something must have driven her over the edge.

And what do you think she will do to you when she finds out what you did?

"Don't think..." Beastboy moaned. His throat was still sore after spending hours crying before finally falling asleep. "Don't..."

"Aw, man. I think we took a wrong turn somewhere."

"I think you might be correct."

Beastboy jumped at the sudden, but slightly familiar voices. He looked around the room, but all he could see was darkness. He didn't have to wonder long, however, because the figures of Fixit and See-More suddenly stepped into the light that surrounded his cell.

"Well, what do we have here," Fixit mused as he looked down on Beastboy. 

See-More, meanwhile, was moving his head back and forth. "Where?" he asked out loud. Beastboy noticed with a grimace that See-More's large eye seemed to be missing from his face.

"Turn around," Fixit assisted. See-More did so and Beastboy physically flinched when See-More's eyes suddenly became visible again, only it was on the back of his head now.

"Oh, man! Both of the Titan's we captured are here!"

"So it seems," Fixit said before kneeling down so that he and Beastboy were eye level. "Tell me, Beastboy, have any of the Tameranians spoken to you? Specifically, this one?" He then indicated the unconscious body that he had strapped on his back. Beastboy instantly recognized the flowing red hair and then immediately had to force the image of the alien kissing him out of his head.

"No," Beastboy muttered, turning his head away from Fixit. "And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you guys."

"Beastboy, there really is no need for the chivalry. We both know I can get the truth out of you one way or another."

Beastboy let out another groan, this time of frustration. "Well, if you're going to mess with my head, than just do it already! I don't have all day!" Beastboy shouted, staring straight into Fixit's blank eyes. 

Fixit stared back at him without speaking. Seconds seemed to stretch on like eternities.

"I do not believe I need to," Fixit finally said, standing back up to his full height. "It would be in our best interest that we work together--"

"Work together?!" Beastboy repeated venomously. "It's all because of you guys that me and Raven are trapped here! Because of you guys, I..."