Prologue | Awaken

It was so quiet and dark—peaceful, in a way. I found myself even enjoying it at first. No obnoxious shouts and laughter. No goofy one-liners or terrible southern-slanged jokes. Nothing.

However, the feeling of joy soon ebbed away to the severe boredom. No bank robbing, no pillow forts, no video games, none of Gizmo's annoying insults, none of Mammoth's revolting way of eating. The peace and quiet was good, but I missed the feeling of stealing, the adrenaline that pumped through my veins every time we broke the law or whenever we fought the Titans...

The Titans...

I was beginning to remember now. The thoughts were hazy at first, but I was starting to remember. I was part of an Academy, brought in by that Brother Blood guy. Simple life. Went to class, took exams, avoided dances. It was...nice.

Then that Teen Titan character...Cyborg, that's it. He came disguised as some ruthless thug named Stone. I remember...he and the Teen Titans destroyed our Academy.

I saved that student...Angel was her name...I remember...having a crush on her, not that I would of told her even if I could speak... We parted ways shortly after, something about "lack of communication". I was alone for awhile then...I used my powers and stole to survive, utilizing what I learned from the school...

A few months later, Brother Blood was captured. It was the Teen Titans again...I was starting to grow tired of seeing their name everywhere...taking apart my life...

I met more fellow HIVE students shortly after. Jinx, Gizmo, Mammoth, Billy Numerous, and See-More. I never really knew any of them at a personal level, but they welcomed me in with open arms. Though, I think it was more because of my powers that they bothered with me at all...Not like we had any sort of meaningful conversations.

We made a pretty decent team for awhile. We did what we want— stole what we want. I was beginning to enjoy myself like I did back at the Academy.

It was then that the Brotherhood of Evil contacted us. Apparently they were tracking down all enemies of the Titans and were planning to take down the whole mess of them through a combined effort of all of their mortal enemies. I wanted nothing more to do with Titans or schemes or plots.

The others seemed to agree. Jinx was the only one who seemed excited about the idea of working with them.

More months passed after speaking with the Brotherhood and things seemed to be back to normal. The Titans East were shipped back to Steel City after getting rid of Control Freak and the city became easier to rob than ever. See-More and I soon became quite the pair of thieves— combining his sensory abilities with my teleportation ones made stealing a lot more fun and exciting. Finally, things were starting to look up.

But...no...Things did not stay that way...That guy...Flash...Kid Flash. "Honorary Titan" was what he was called...

Titans. That word burned in my head. It tore against the emotions I refused to feel.

Kid Flash arrived and ruined everything...he and Jinx. Our base—our home was destroyed. He took Jinx away from us...

Thoughts going blurry again...I can't keep up...Brotherhood found us...we separated...fought the Raven girl...Brain...told us it was over...Titan's finished...everyone gathered to celebrate...See-More wasn't there...we were...

Attacked? Tricked? Out-maneuvered?

The Brain was a fool; he counted his pieces out before collecting them. The remaining Titan's attacked us...Raven...my target...was one of the attackers. We tried to stay and fight...but it wasn't us. We weren't here to do supreme evil. Just wanted to live free...