Eleven: Long Road to Reclaim

Three days after the unintentional Ultra Music Festival incident.

As Evelina finishes her shower and breakfast, she preps herself for yet another gig schedule when she dons a purple tank top over a denim vest and a black neoprene skirt as needed for her show. Before doing her status, she settles on the swivel chair of her DJ studio inside the Angels' condominium unit. Continuing her DJing prep status, she starts the project off with a clean remix of The Chainsmokers' 'Roses (feat. ROZES)' via FL Studio software, playing the original track beforehand, and literally starts the melody layering thing. Within a mere minute of DJing prep, the original track is soon added with the mere basslines and effects she had created the night before, continuously playing the entire track by herself, thereby followed by the additional melodies soon after. It won't be too long for her to continue her DJing gigs after the incident at UMF, a ring abruptly rips out the busy prep method.

Still, her iPhone blares out right next to the flat-screen LED computer monitor, giving the impression that she's hanging her black SteelSeries Flux headphones on her neck and immediately grabs her smartphone. A ringing 'Hope There's Someone' tone by Avicii goes buzzing through her smartphone in an instant so she looks up at the touchscreen, this time around as the name Antissa Cadness appears on it. Evelina looks unfazed but she relieves it when she taps her left thumb on the call button.

Just then, Evelina listens to the voice of Antissa, who's been very busy on the line.

"Aye, aye, Evi...." Antissa says on the line, "Sorry that you didn't make it to the end of Ultra, huh?"

The DJ shrugs, as she calls her manager's best friend, "Oh, you called. Too bad I had a weird feeling about the Ultra incident, anyway..."

"Like, jumping off the stage to stay away from the evil groups who intended to abduct you?" she asks, quite a lot worrying.

"I had done that stunt, Antissa." Evelina reasons as she recalls the UMF incident. "I was only experiencing a blackout that not long ago. But before the incident, I was playing the last song on the booth. Then suddenly, I experienced a blackout when the group of brats stormed the venue. There, they abducted the ravers. And the dancers. Until that time I jumped off the stage and rushed to the crowds when I found my sis, but now that the lights were back on, it was a disaster. A postponement. Yeah, it was the UMF that was only cancelled like crap. It was just a bad, bad disaster. Really."

"Ohh, very bad, dearie. Why the heck did you never call me about the incident not too long ago? Suddenly you were busy, even now that all of the authorities are awaiting for some help," the manager's best friend squirms. "But it was very bad that UMF was now a postponed piece of damnation, eh?"

"Don't mention that UMF place as damnation and trouble, Ann. I'm very busy doing the track remix. So..." Evelina scoffs, "Don't worry 'bout me. I can handle that cancellation thing. Good thing that Axton told me to get help with the police, even the list of common friends who's really become my circle. About the UMF case for the running or... if not, I'm trying to help the police folks out about the UMF fest tragedy. So before that..."

"Evs, what before that?"

"I had read the MSNBC article online three days ago. It was an article about that said tragedy, claiming that one of the abducted dancers was on the article part. And that time, the dancer's name was Ornusa Kenney. She's an Orlando native," confirms the DJ.

"Uh, lemme think.... Ornu..." stutters Antissa in the middle of the phone call. "Ornu... wait, Evs. What Ornu-"

"Ann, it's Ornusa Kenney."

"What?" This time Antissa's voice comes with a mix of apprehension and shock. "You know... Ornusa Kenney? She's... an Orlando native as a dancer who's abducted?"