Alive - Harry Styles Fan Fiction (Ch. 20)

(Heyooo. Here we goooo. Thanks for reading! Twitter @TFFAlive.)

--

Before Rebecca can even answer, I quickly get up from my seat and walk outside. I just need some fresh air.

I may be overreacting but it's out of impulse. I'm sure anyone in my position would do the same. You can't expect me to be completely fine when I see the guy I've been locking lips with, the guy who I've had my first sexual experience with, walk in with some other girl.

He told me he would never hurt me; he said it multiple times. Maybe I shouldn't believe someone I haven't even known a week.

That's another thing. I've known him less than a week and though it seems as if it's been years, I shouldn't of put that much trust in him.

He knew I was gonna be out with Jethro, it makes perfect sense for him to take a girl out tonight, even if it's just for a simple dinner. I mean, he took me to a diner. Not that I minded it but that just must be how he is. Simple.

"Bella, what the hell?" I turn around and I see Harry.

"What the hell was that?" He asks.

"What the hell was that?" I refer to him walking in with Rebecca.

"I told you, she's just a friend."

"That's why you had your arm around her, right?"

"It was just a friendly gesture! I didn't mean anything of it."

"But how can I believe that? With me, even with me, was it just a friendly gesture?" I cross my arms.

"Don't do that."

"Don't do what?"

"Don't try and twist things. Don't think like that." He looks into my eyes.

"I can't help but not."

"I don't know why it's so hard for you to believe me."

"Because it seems really convenient for you to go out on a night you knew I'd be busy."

"Why would I take a date to a burger joint?" His eyebrows slouch in at his question.

"You took me to a diner." I remark.

"Because that's what you wanted Bella! That's what you wanted! If it was up to me we would've went to that fancy restaurant on the water but you didn't want to."

"Whatever." I say and begin to walk back in but he quickly grabs my arm.

"No, not whatever. You're obviously upset."

"That obvious?" My words are filled with sarcasm.

"You just need to calm down." He puts both of his hands on both of my arms, holding them to my body and looking into my eyes. "I told you I would never hurt you, and I meant that. I also told you that when I like a girl, she's the only one I like. She's the one I'm committed to. I wouldn't be out right now with Rebecca if she was more than a friend because I like you. You, Bella. You."

"I'm sorry I overreacted." I look down.

He puts two fingers on my chin and lifts my face up, my eyes meeting his.

"You had every right to be cautious and worried but you need to trust me, okay?"

"Okay."

I feel horrible. I knew I was overreacting but I didn't know I was gonna feel this shitty when my reaction would finally catch up with me.

He leans in and kisses my lips. We're in public and he's kissing me. I don't have a problem with it, I just didn't think he was willing to do it.

His fingers don't leave my chin during the kiss and his soft lips pull on my bottom one as we pull away.

"Let's go back inside." He grabs my hand but I don't budge.

"You okay?" He starts to smile.

"Mhm."

"So come on."

"I can't." I tell him and he smirks a little bit bigger.

"And why not?"

"I'm embarrassed."

He starts to laugh.

"Don't be. Your best friend won't judge you and Rebecca probably doesn't even remember what happened."

"Just come on." He laughs and lightly pulls me inside.

"Sorry." I tell Jethro as I sit down.

"Why are you apologizing? He should be the one doing that." He nods his head towards Harry.

"They're just friends." I tell him something that I didn't want to believe even as it is the best outcome.

"Don't believe everything he says, Bella." He says lowly. "I got him to get our food to go so once it's in the boxes we're leaving." He tells me.

"No, I'm okay. We're okay. We can stay." I take a sip of my drink.

"I would rather us go." He tells me.

I look over at Harry and he's talking to Rebecca. About what? I don't know. Amazing how they're so close and I can barely hear a thing.

"Alright." I say.

I turn to look at Harry again and we make eye contact.

"We're gonna go." I tell him.

"Why?"

"Just because." I say and the food is placed on our table by Leo.

"Have a nice night, hope to see you guys soon!" He says and walks away.

Jethro grabs the styrofoam boxes and places them in the plastic bag.

"Let's go, Bella." I stand up at Jethros words. I don't feel like arguing again with someone.

"I'll talk to you later, love." Harry says and stands up, surprising me with a passionate kiss to lips.

"The fuck?" Jethro bursts.

"Let's just go." I repeat his almost words.

"Bye Harry, nice meeting you Rebecca." I say as we walk out.

"The fuck was that?" Jethro yells as we get in his car.

"That was a kiss."

"And why did he kiss you?"

"Because he likes me? We've been kissing?"

"What else have you done?"

"Nothing, Jethro." I lie to him while putting my seatbelt on.

"Do you fucking swear?"

"Mhm."

"On my life?"

"You can't do that, Jeth!"

"Well now I know you're lying!" He slams his steering wheel.

"Why do you care so much?" We're yelling in his car.

Not once has he ever yelled this loud at me. I don't think he's ever yelled at me to begin with.

"Because I fucking love you, Bella! You're my best friend and I don't want you to get hurt by some asshole. When you're hurt, I'm hurt."

"I'm not hurt, Jeth." I bring my voice down.

"But who knows what will happen? I don't want it to get to that point again. I don't want you crying in my arms on my bed complaining about a stupid jerk who mistreated you. You're the last person who should get treated horribly, Bella."

"Thank you so much for caring. Really. But please, please just calm down. I'm not a child anymore." I tell him.

"You're still like my younger sister."

"Yes, but I'm older now." I laugh.

"Just please be careful, Bells."

--

(Sorry that these chapters have been slacking a bit! I'm gonna work on details :) Thanks for reading!)