9

After finishing our pancakes, Dan and I spent the majority of the day watching some movies and sat around talking until it got dark.
"What time is it?" Dan asked shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth, eyes glued to the screen.
I glanced at the clock, "Almost 11."
"Oh wow." He sat up, "I should probably get home."
"Won't your mother be mad that you stayed out so late?" I asked and paused the movie.
"No, she doesn't really care." He paused for a moment, "but," he smirked, "why don't we just finish the movies and I could go home tomorrow?"
"I mean I'd guess that would be alright, let me go ask my mom."
-
I found my mother at the kitchen table working on something on her laptop.
"Hey Mama."
She stopped typing and looked up at me, taking off her reading glasses.
"Hey sweetie, I didn't know you were still up." She smiled.
"It's already really late and I feel as if it might be better if Dan just crashed here again?"
"Is his mom ok with it?"
"He already called her." I lied
"I don't see why not then."
"Thank you." I smiled, walk back to my room.
"Sophie." She yelled turning getting my attention, "I'm trusting you, don't make me regret it." I nodded my head and her attention was back to her laptop.
-
I opened my door and flopped on my bed next to Dan.
"So what did she say?" He questioned.
I turned to him looking sad.
"She said we can't hang out anymore."
He expression went from happy to upset.
"Why?" He questioned, clearly upset.
"I'm totally joking, she said its fine that you stay over."
He shoved me slightly in a playful way.
"I hate you." He laughed.
"Love you too." I joked back.
His body stiffened before he changed the subjects.
"So how about we get back to the movie?"
I smiled, pretending not to notice the awkward tension and unpaused the movie, getting comfy in my spot.