Chapter 17

*Ross pov*
After a few days of packing we were finally ready to move. I had ordered a U-haul yesterday an dMax bought a house, not an apartment.
I was sad I was going to leave but I knew it was for the best, we would stay only one more night and then leave first thing in the morning.
The next morning I woke up to Max poking me.
"Ross, wake up"
"Ugh" I mumbled waking up and yawning.
"C'mon, I'm ready to move"
"Max, just give me a couple of minutes" I get up and check my phone, brush my teeth, change clothes, do all those morning things and walk out the door. I locked it for the last time and went down the stairs and walked to my car. Max was waiting in the car for me. I guess one of the U-haul guys helped Max in the car, because the wheelchair is in the backseat.
-time skip to the new house-
We walk in and it was even bigger than it looked.
"Who's getting the master?" Max asked.
"You are, no arguing"
"Ugh, fine"
He deserves it, he's been through a lot.
After a while we were done packing our rooms. I had the job of unpacking the living room, while Max was on the kitchen. At the end of the day we only had a few boxes left.
The next morning I woke up to my phone ringing, an unknown number.
"Hello" I answer the phone.
D: Doctor R: Ross
D: Hello! Is this Ross Washington?
R: yes
D: okay good, I have great news!
R: who is this?
D: oh, sorry I'm Dr. Hamps the one who worked on Max while he was here.
R: oh okay, what's the good news?
D: okay, is max with you?
R: no, he's still sleeping.
D: okay, the good news is that Max can have surgery and can walk again.
R: Really?
D: yes, all you have to do is come back to St. Paul's and we'll work on him.
R: oh, well we just moved to California but we'll see what we can do.
D: Okay!
He hung up and I walked to Max's room.
"Max, wake up" I yelled.
"I'm up" he mumbled.
"I have good and bad news"
"Okay"
"Good news is that you can walk again, bad news is that we have to go back to washington to have it done"
"Okay, let's do it, I want to walk again"
"We just got moved in"
"I don't care"
"Okay we'll do it"
------------
Words: 430
Breaks: none
Music: Twenty One Pilots