The IM and the 'Rents

Edward's POV

I had dropped the keys that belong to the Volvo on the table besides the door where I always throw my keys. I didn't need to lose them. I also stripped off my driving gloves and threw them there also before heading into the kitchen to see if Aunt Esme was home. She was and baking, too.

"'Ello Edward," she said, smiling at me.

"Hey," I said, leaning against the wall to watch her.

"How was school?" she asked, stopped mixing the dough in her hands just for a moment.

I shrugged. "It was interesting," I said, biting my lip in thought.

"What happened?" she asked, brushing off the flour that was on her hands.

I looking up at her and sighed.

"We had to take someone off the ventilator today," I said.

"Oh, Edward," she said, softly.

I shrugged. "Well the guy was depressed according to the family and…you know he tried to kill himself so…I don't know." I sighed and looked up at her. "I'm going to go up to my room, 'k?"

"Okay, hunny," she said, worried about me. "I'll have Carlisle come up when he gets home."

"Thanks," I said, before heading upstairs.

I dropped my bag on my bed, not wanting to damage the laptop inside it and shrugged out of my jacket which I just dropped on the floor.

I brought up my second laptop and decided to relax some before Uncle Carlisle came home. I was transcribing some Debussy when suddenly something clicked in my head. Smiling slightly, I decided to sign into my email and see if IheartDebussy was on.

"Whatcha doing?"

I jumped out of my chair at the sound of Samuel who was sitting on my bed.

"Damn it Samuel, can't you be like a normal person and knock or something?" I said, glaring at him.

"Nope," he said with a smirk, popping the 'p' in 'nope' as he said it.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at my computer. No new emails. I frowned, slightly disappointed. I wondered if I scared off IheartDebussy.

"Has your random person written back to you?" Samuel asked.

I clicked on the only email I got from IheartDebussy and smiled.

"No," I said, clicked on the IM button. "But she is on right now."

"You're shitting me?"

I frown and glanced at him. "I never understood that saying."

Samuel smirked as he got up from the bed. I turned back to the computer and wrote to IheartDebussy.

PlaySeattlesOwnIvoryKeys: Hi : )

I waited a moment for a response.

"I wonder if you scared the shit out of her," Samuel said, smirking.

I glared at him. "Shut up will you?"

"Physically impossible," he said smugly.

"I'll make it physically possible in a moment," I said, glaring at him.

"PMSing much," Samuel said, throwing his hands up in a 'so sue me' way.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the IM.