Kisses

Edward's POV

I wasn't entirely sure as to why I kissed her…but I did.

The entire three hour drive to Forks, I keep thinking about Bella. Goldfart had been right, I cared about her more than I let on. When I arrived in Forks, I found right away the police station.

"Yeah, Charlie…my dad is a chief of police," Bella once said to me over the phone.

When I first saw him, I couldn't actually see any resemblance between the man and her but I realized that they both had that levelheadedness that I saw in Bella before.

Charlie helped me find the Brandon house, asking me if I was a friend or family. I told him the truth…that I was a friend, which I was.

Following the directions he said, I drove the richer part of Forks. Parking my car in the driveway, I could see that Mr. and Mrs. Brandon were home. It surprised me, Mr. Brandon being home I mean, because normally Mr. Brandon was in Seattle due to work. I got out and waited in the rain.

When I saw Bella, my heart picked up. Her brown eyes went wide when she recognized me and her hand was so warm when she lead me up stairs. I didn't want to leave her, but I was dragged up stairs by Mrs. Brandon to shower and dry off so that I didn't catch a cold.

I stepped out of the bathroom, dressed in the clothes provided to see that Bella was the only one out in the hallway.

"What happened, Edward?" she whispered. Her eyes were soft and full with worry.

"Carlisle was offered a job in Chicago…he was hoping to move us there," I whispered on a shaky breath.

Bella's breath hitched as I continued, "So I decided to run away."

Bella stated something about Alice's father and her father, but I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying but to her lip as they moved. I wanted to take them in my own so desperately.

"I'm 18…I can do as I please," I whispered back, fighting back the need.

"Edward," she whispered sadly. Hey eyes softened as she looked at me.

That was my undoing. "I can't leave," I muttered as I brought my hand to her cheek. It was soft…and warm. "I can't leave you."

And then…I kissed her. Her lips were warm, soft yet firm as I drew her in. I could smell the strawberries from her shampoo. I could smell, feel everything that made her who she was.

Bella gasped at the contact, was motionless for just a second but then unfroze and returned the kiss. My hand slowly trailed down her cheek to cup her jaw to angle her to I could deepen the kiss.

She was all I had left, the one thing I valued more than everything else. I couldn't leave her.

Bella's POV

I gasped at the first contact of Edward's lips. I was in complete and utter shock as I felt his lips on mine that I couldn't move, hell I couldn't kiss him back until my mind finally realized that I was being kissed. When I finally returned his kiss not but a second later but it felt like years. I wasn't sure how long we had been kissing but it felt like years, decades, maybe even a life time.

Slowly Edward pulled away, drawing out the kiss as long as he could. When the kiss ended, we were both panting. I realized my eyes were closed and slowly opened them. I staring into the deep green eyes of his and saw the raw emotion there.

Not getting enough of him, I grasped his shirt and pulled him back for another kiss. I could smell his clean scent and it made me just want to getting more of him. His arm wrapped around my waist, holding me to him.