CHAPTER ONE

Dear diary, today will be different. It has to be. I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile will say "I'm fine, thank you." "Yes, I feel much better." I will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through.

I mean who am I kidding I'll put on the act Infront of my friends but deep down I'm lonely I miss my parents and Elena and Jeremy hate me for what I did I know it, they just won't admit it to themselves.

I finally walk down stairs to Elena sitting at the bench and Jenna frantically running around the kitchen.

"Toast. I can make toast"

"It's all about the coffee, aunt Jenna" I tell her.

"Is there coffee" ask Jeremy who is finally out of his room.

"Your first day back at school and I'm totally unprepared, lunch money anybody" she asks I shake my head no, to be honest aunt Jenna is trying to hard I just wish she stop trying to be our parent and go back to the fun loving aunt that she is, I mean I know it's hard for her aswell she lost her sister.

"No I'm fine" Elena replied but Jeremy accepted the money.

"Anything else? a number 2B pencil"

"Don't you have a big presentation today" I asked her.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at... Now crap" she told us.

"Then go we'll be fine" I tell her as she grabs her purse and rushes out the door.

Elena turns in my direction "are you okay"

"Not now"
_____________________

"So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands...Issy! Back in the car"

"Sorry bonnie you were saying that?"

"That I'm a psychic now"

"Right okay then predict something about me" I asked her

"I predict..." All of a sudden a crow hits the car window bonnie slams her foot on the break and looks at me and Elena.

"Are you guys okay I'm so sorry I didn't know it was going to happen"

"I'm fine" I tell her.

"I fine I mean we can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of our lives" elena ensures her.

"I predict this year is going to be kick ass. And I predict all the sad and dark times are over and you are going to be beyond happy"

___________________

Major lack of male real estate. Look at the shower curtain on Kelly Beech. She looks like a hot — can I still say "tranny mess"? bonnie asks.
"No, that's over."
"Ahh, find a man, coin a phrase. It's a busy year" she replies
I turn to Elena to see her waving at Matt but he completely ignores her

"He hates me"
"That's not hate. That's "you dumped me, but I'm too cool to show it, but secretly I'm listening to Air Supply's greatest hits."
"Elena, Iskra. Oh, my god"

I hear before I even get the chance to see who it is I'm engulfed in a big hug, when she pulls away I notice it Caroline to be honest Caroline and I don't really get along I think she only pretends to like me when elena and bonnie are around other than that she pretty mean to me.

"How are you? Oh, it's so good to see you. How are they? Are they good?" She turns to bonnie and asks.
"Caroline, where right here. And Were fine. Thank you." Speak for yourself elena.
"Really?" She looks at us.
"Yes. Much better." I reply bitterly she's always too happy.
"Oh, you poor thing" she hugs elena again.
"Okay, Caroline" elena says.

"Oh! Okay, see you guys later?" Yeh good bye.
"OK! Bye!" Bonnie yells to the blonde.
"No comment." Says elena.
"I'm sorry I have too, omg she bugs me so much how can you guys stand her I mean seriously"
"I'm not going to say anything, we know you don't really like her but she our friend" bonnie tells me, your friend not mine.
I walk off Into the opposite direction of the girls when I bumped into someone I look up and notice it's Tyler Lockwood, we used ,I'm not sure if it's called dating because it was always in secret, hook up.
"Oh hey Ty long time no see" I wink.
"Issy I've missed you, what's it been like 3 months since you've been gone how have you been" he asked me.
"I guess I've been better but I'm doing fine" I give him a half hearted smile.
"We should catch up real soon" he smirks, I know exactly what he means by catch up.
"Yeh sure sounds good give me a text, by don't want to be late on the first day back" don't judge me he's fun.
________________
When I finally make it to class I noticed it had already started.
"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union, oh Iskra nice of you to join us" tanner the teacher I hate the most speaks to me.
"Oh sorry sir I didn't realise I was late oops" I smile innocently.
"Just sit down and don't be late again" oooh someone's a grumpy but today.
I turn around to smile at elena when I notice her and some mysterious guy are having eye sex in the back of the class room.

'WHOSE THE HAWT-E. STARING @ E'    I text bonnie.
I phone buzzed almost instantly with a text from bonnie replying.                       'OMG elena said his name was Stefan'

___________

Tonight we had all planned to go to the grill and yes Caroline will be there hurray I was just doing some finishing touches on my makeup when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it" I yelled to no one in particular.

I opened the door and was shocked to notice the guy who was staring at elena in history.

"Uh hi, your sister dropped this at the cemetery" he told me and handed me a book.

"Oh how nice of you to pick that up for her hang on a sec, ELENA" I yelled for her to come downstairs.

"yeh, oh hey Stefan" she looks down at my hands. "Is that my journal"

"Yeh Stefan was just telling me how you dropped it at the cemetery" I turn to face her. "Well I'm gonna meet you at the grill okay, you two have fun" I wink at her an walk out the door.

"Bye Stefan it was nice meeting you" I wave.

So for any of you who were reading this I've changed it a bit The changes include the name of my character who is now Iskra and that her and elena aren't twins sorry for the confusion
So that's the end of the first chapter hope it was okay.
So my character Iskra in a way I want her to be more like Katherine then elena but to also have that caring compassionate side!!
The picture on the side is Iskra
Have a great day or night whatever part of the world your from