CHAPTER 9

STEFAN

I enter my bedroom, and see that Damon is there, reading My diary.

"How were tryouts? Did you make the team? Very Emerson, the way you reveal your soul with so many...adjectives" he tells me.
I rip the diary out of his hands.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.
"I've come to apologize. I've been doing some thinking, some soul searching, and...I want us to start over. We need to put the past behind us. You're my little brother, and if you want to live a normal, happy human life, then I want that for you. Maybe I can do it, too. That I can learn to be a non-living living person. Maybe there's hope for both of us"
I can tell that Damon's trying not to laugh, it's not a joke he needs to control himself.

"You know, it doesn't have to be this way, Damon" I tell him.
"Of course it doesn't. I saw Iskra today, BTW. That means "by the way." She was at cheerleading practice. She looked so perky in her little short shorts. Just...simmer down, I didn't even go near her. I've got my own cheerleader now. Ooh, that reminds me...I gotta run. I have a date. Sweaty palms. Wish me luck"
Before I could even stop him he was already out the door.

ISKRA

I'm so mad at elena but she's not my mum and it's not just her house she can't kick me out so that's why I'm standing out the front of my house when I walk in I hear Elena and Bonnie are preparing dinner in the kitchen, when j walk into the kitchen elena glares at me.

"What are you doing here, thought I told you not to come back" she yells.

"You can't kick me out this is as much my house as it is yours plus Jenna's our Guardian not you"

"How could you do that to Jeremy"

"Am I not allowed to be happy is it only you that's allowed to be happy in this world, well guess what elena it's not all about you, now can we talk about something else because I came here to have a nice dinner with my friends not argue with you" I turn to bonnie and smile "sorry, keep going"

"Okay" bonnie looks around confused but then starts talking again. "You explain it. Last night, I'm watching Nine-o, a commercial breaks come on and I'm like, I bet it's that phone commercial. And sure enough, it's that guy and the girl with the bench, he flies to Paris and he flies back. They take a picture" she explains to us.
"Oh, come on. That commercial's on a constant loop" I tell her
"Fine. Well, how about this? Today I'm obsessed with numbers. 3 numbers. I keep seeing 8, 14, and 22. How weird is that?"
"Maybe we should play the lottery. Have you talked to your Grams?" I laugh.
"She's just gonna say it's because I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch. Do you want to be a witch?"
"I don't want to be a witch"
Elena pots the take-away food into bowls.

"And putting it in a nice bowl isn't fooling anybody" bonnie tells her causing me too laugh.
"Ok, serving spoons. Where are the serving spoons?" She says opening and closing draws.
"Middle drawer on your left"
"Ok, so you've been in this kitchen like a thousand times" bonnie rolls her eyes.
"Yeah, that's it" finally I here the door bell ring stefans here.
"Ok, he's here. Don't be nervous. Just be your normal loving self" elena tells bonnie trying to comfort her, she leaves to go get stefan.
"Birthday candles" I hear bonnie whisper, She opens the drawer and birthday candles are there, she looks up at me and then walks into the dining room.

I'm sitting next to bonnie and elena and stefan are on the other side of the table it's really awkward because no ones really said anything to each other but finally elena decides to speak up.

"Did Tanner give you a hard time today?" She asks stefan.
"Well, he let me on the team, so I must have done something right"
"Bonnie, you should have seen Stefan today. Tyler threw a ball right at him, and..." She boasts
"Yeah, I heard" bonnie mutters and looks down at her plate, okay this couldn't get anymore awkward.
"Why don't you tell Stefan about your family?" Elena urges.
"Um, divorced. No mom. Live with my dad"
"No, about the witches. Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches. It's really cool"
"Cool isn't the word I'd use"
"Well, it's certainly interesting. I'm not too versed, but I do know that there's a history of Celtic druids that migrated here in the 1800s" stefan tells her encouragingly
"My family came by way of Salem" she replies.
"Really? Salem witches?"
"Yeah"
"I would say that's pretty cool" he says.
"Really? Why?" She asked a looking at him.
"Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and nonconformity"
"Yeah, they are" she smiles.
Stefan was about to say something else when the door bells rings, I jump up from the table.
"I'll get it" I run to the door and open it up.

Okay sorry for the short chapter today but I'm trying my best :)
Hope you guys like it.
Leave a comment or even vote :)