14

Marcus PoV

"Run." She rushed out the door. A chill crawls down my spine. I slowly walk towards the staircase. As I descend, I can feel the pull get stronger. She was close, but I couldn't see her. I walked to the gate to push it open, but heard a light giggle behind me. She stood at the top of the staircase with her arms folded.

"You're slacking," she's pestered. Her grin told me everything I needed to know. She really wanted to play this game. I jumped the fence and walked to her slowly. The closer I got, the more she backed away. She was teasing me. Swaying her hips, looking back at me, letting me get close just to run off. This was really irritating.

"Erica," I forced out.

"Yes, Sir," her voice was light and sweet.

"You shouldn't play around with animals. You'll get hurt."

"What type of animal to be exact," she walks to the other set of stairs.

"Well it's mean, scary, angry, irritable, very irrational, big, and hungry....," I slowly began to stalk her.

"How hungry," she asked giving me a smirk.

"Starving," She descended the last set of stair and sprinted away to the asylum. Oh no sweetheart, wrong thing to do. I could smell her. Her scent was sweet...similar to how she tastes. My mouth began to water. Okay, no more of this shit. I'm hungry.

I ran, following her scent. She was close, but not close enough. As I ran, cars flew beside me in a blur. The wind caressed my skin, and filled my lungs. The night intensified my hunger. When I get to her, there's no saving her. Poor Kitty.

I inhaled deeply, and stopped under a tree. She wasn't on the ground anymore. I looked up in haste. I couldn't see her, but I could feel her. The pull intensified. She was right here in the exact spot. She must've gone up. My eyes roamed the branches, searching for my prey. She sat in the highest branch, smiling at me.

"You have 30 seconds to get back to the room," my voice deepened. She looked at me in confusion.
"30, 29, 28, 27," I counted. She descended the free quickly and sprinted to the door. I walked behind her, watching her panic. She wasn't going to make it.

"17, 16, 15, 14, 13" my voice grew a little louder. She ran as fast as she could but it wasn't enough.

"6, 5, 4, 3" she ran up the stair and looked back to see where I was. She stopped when she could no longer see me. She slowed her pace and and climbed the stairs. I sat at the door, waiting. When she caught sight of me, she froze in place.

"How did you get here before me," she asked.

"You're 8 seconds over," I simply stated. She stood in shock.

I began to walk towards her. " I told you not to play with animals, Kitty." I wrapped my hand around her throat and pushed her against the wall. She let  a sound escape her mouth. "Oh no, don't make a sound until you're in that room, bent over that desk." She shook her head to let me know she understood. I grabbed her by her hair and pulled her towards the door.

"I would apologize for what's about to happen to you, but then I'll have to be sorry, and that sweetie, I am not."