2

The next morning I woke up to my phone vibrating, when I unlocked my phone, there was 11 missed calls and 3 text messages from Marquise.

1 New Message:

Marquise 💘😘🔫

Baby, wake up I got a surprise.

1 New Message:

Marquise 💘😘🔫

?? Wake up 😒

1 New Message:

Marquise 💘😘🔫

You real annoying, what you mad at me again? What I got to do, dang I can't do nothing to make you happy, ma. Just call me. 😤😒

I wiped my face and sighed. Like a controlled idiot, I called back right after I read the message, he picked up on the third ring.

"Good-morning baby." He said sweetly. I smiled.

"Good-morning Marquise. What happened?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to take my sleepy headed girlfriend out for some breakfast."

"Okay, you picking me up?" I asked.

"You lost those legs?" I stayed quiet, "I'm playing ma, yeah be ready in 20."

He better had been playing, because I was about to hang up right there.

"Okay. See you in 20 then. " I said and hung up.

I went in the bathroom, took a shower, and brushed my teeth. Best thing about being Dominican is that when I wet my hair it gets these cute curls. I left it like that and went to get dressed. I just put on some high wasted shirt and my "Faded Royalty" crop top, then threw on some Jordan's.

When I walked downstairs my dad was playing GTA V and my mom was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I went over and gave her a kiss.

"Good-morning sweetie."

"Morning mom dukes, no breakfast for me today." I said hopping on the kitchen island.

"Why not? No te qeiro mi comida?"

I laughed, "Ma I want your food, but Marquise is bringing me to breakfast in like 15 minutes."

She rolled her eyes and smiled, "Oh yeah sorry, forgot you had a big balling boyfriend."

I laughed just as my phone starting vibrating, it was a text.

1 New Message

Marquise 💘😘🔫

Come outside babe.

I said bye to my mom and went outside. He was siting there in one of my favorite car he owns, Range Rover. It was the shiny black on black one, too.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and put my seatbelt on. He looked over at me smiled and sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked giggling.

He put his hand on my thigh, "You know very well I love those curls. You did that on purpose."

I slapped his hand and laughed. We rode to IHOP without arguing. Such a shocker to me that he didn't say anything about my shorts or shirt. He can sometimes think he's my daddy.

When we got in the restaurant there was a waiter that was eye balling Marquise. But he was on his phone, so he didn't see her.

"Babe you want a booth or a table ?" I asked and he still hadn't looked up. But when I did the waiter was mean mugging me.

"Get a booth, ma." He said.

The waiter rolled her eyes and walked us to our table, when she sat us down that's when he finally saw her. He smirked at her and she finally started smiling. I just sighed, I thought that part of him was dead and gone. She told us her name and took our orders.

When it was time to go, Marquise and the waiter had flirted so much it was as if I were a ghost.W hen we were leaving I caught him slipping her his number. That jerk, embarrassing me in public like that. When we came in I gave her the look that said 'my man is MY man' and now she was giving me a look saying 'look who won.'

I hate Marquise Jones.

While he was paying, AKA flirting with her, I slipped out and left. I wasn't going to watch this right in front of my eyes. I walked all the way home just crying. People were staring at me in the streets and everything, I looked like a train wreck.

Surprisingly when I got in the house that's when Marquise called me. I ignored it and ten minutes later I heard banging on my door. I jumped up and ran to the door; it was Marquise.

"You better be lucky my parents aren't here, because they would've came out here and punched you in you're face."

"I don't care about your parents! Where you went ?!" he yelled pushing me inside the house and closing the door.

I walked up to my room slamming my feet on the stairs, " Oh after you was finished flirting with Moniquinisha you noticed I was gone?! YOU ARE A DOUSHCEBAG!"

I knew he didn't like that, because he did some evil villain type laugh and smacked me across my face. I licked my bottom lip and felt blood. I looked at him astonished, dumbfounded and raised my fist to punch him. But when I swung he moved and my fist connected with the wall instead. I felt the hit go all through my arm, I hit a beam in the wall; after that it was over. I ran up to him punching and slapping and he was hitting me back, like I was some man on the street that took his dope. Until finally, he picked me up and slammed me on my bed.

"You really something else girl, I tell you." he yelled at me laughing.

"I hate you so much. GOD I freaking hate you." I spat in his face.

"Girls only say I hate you to the dudes that they love." He said smirking and left.

I got up and watched him get in his car and leave . DOUSHCEBAG . I looked around my room and it was a mess. Everything on the floor was either broken or somehow damaged. I went in the bathroom to clean off my lip, but the pain I felt in my hand was uncontrollable. I wrapped my hand up and left to the hospital.