4

It's been three weeks since Marquise and I's little incident. Surprisingly he has been good, I haven't seen any cheating, no abuse, and no arguing. The only problem is when he's high or stressed he doesn't really say smart things, but Ive been warned. And the worst part is that Marquise went back to work, that's his drug. He needs to, the work is his drug but the money is his addiction. If that's what he wants to do ill support him, but when he's a grown man with kids that's not the way to go.

I was making Marquise breakfast because I slept at his house last night and he likes when I make him breakfast. I lightly hummed a Beyoncé song while I scrambled the eggs . As I was pouring it in the pan , I felt Marquise wrap his arms around me .

"I love seeing wifey cooking like this." he mumbled into my neck.

"Good morning to you too ." I giggled.

"What you got planned today ? " He said unwrapping his arms from my waist and sitting on the kitchen island .

"Nothing , probably sit at home and do nothing until you get home . Why ? Got something planned."

"Maybe just look extra beautiful by 9 , no scratch that I'll bring you something."

I turned around and he had a evil grin on his face and I lifted my eyebrows in amusement , "Nothing to showy , and I'll give you some money."

"You know I'm not making you pay . I got a job that's paying at least fifty thou a hour , you not paying for anything anymore."

I turned back around , "Marquise , you know I don't like that . People will think I'm a gold digger . "

"As long as I know the truth , that's all that matters . But I got to go , be good for me ." He said kissing my forehead.

"I'll try."

He came back around the corner , "oh and you can take my black on black range rover if you want to go out or whatever ." He smirked and finally left .

I heard him showering and finished cooking , I wanted him to have some breakfast so I put it on the table and texted him to come down . We didn't really talk about anything at the table because we were both way to hungry. But he have me a kiss and left .

While he was out I stayed in the house for like two hours thinking I wasn't going to be bored , but I was too TURNT down ! I got dress and headed right to Neveah house . She looked like she was still messed up from that party .

"Girl I think I took a shot off the wrong person , I feel so sick." She said groggily walking to the couch.

I laughed at her , happy I didn't drink . I knew something was up with that place .

" You were too TURNT UP ! " I said and she winced .

" Calm that yelling down , why you here cause I want to go back to bed ." She said lightly laughing .

"Snappy . Marquise and I have been too good . I feel in love again , hopefully it lasts . Tonight he even taking me out ." I said blushing so hard.

" Aww finally , I'm happy for you Isis . But please let me take a nap real quick , you could stay if you want." And with that she walked to her room , I laughed lightly .

I wanted to take care of my best friend so I took her keys and went to get her some things to help her out , I got some pills and food .

I made her the food I brought and then brought it to her room . As soon as she smelt it she got up , greedy self.

" You ain't going to brush your teeth ?!"

" That yelling again girl , and no i don't care ." And we both laughed .

" Well than nasty , I got to go home and get ready for my man ."

I gave her a kiss on the cheek , told her to feel better , then I was out . I felt so good driving it that Range Rover , I was in love .

When I go home Marquise was already home , siting on the couch watching tv . I went and kissed his cheek and he kissed mine .

" Your early babe ? How was work." I asked dropping my stuff .

" The usual , I'm on top , people trying to take me out , but I do it first . " he said looking at the tv . " Oh your stuff is on your bed , go get ready ."

I kissed him and went upstairs . The outfit he bought me was like a complete outfit : jewelry , shoes , and all . Let me say , my baby knows how to dress .

Marquise brought me to some really expensive place to eat , like $100 for one meal. But I didn't say anything cause I know how he wants to spoil me.

I was laughing at him because he said something funny , "You are so beautiful. I love you."

I stopped smiling and got serious , "I love you too."

"I have something for you ." He got out his seat and took something out his pocket . It was a box . Oh no.

"Marquise I'm not re- "

" Listen , this is not a proposal ," I sighed in relief , " this is a promise ring . I promise to hold you when you are cold . Comfort you when you are sad . Take care of you when you are sick . And answer you when you call me . I just want to give you the world , but not my world of drugs . I want to dress you down in gold and my name . I want every girl to wish they had me but I'll only want you . I promise to not cheat on you , yell, or lie to you . Just tell me what to do and I will get on my knees and do it . I just want you to be happy baby . "

I started rubbing his face because he stopped and I thought he was about to cry , this was so sweet. He has changed for the better and I was falling deeper in love . I think when I yelled at him that night he finally realized I was not taking his nonsense.

" I promise to love you no matter what , okay ? And as soon as I got all the money to last us and our kids and kids kids I will drop out . That's another promise ."

He opened the box and inside was the most beautiful ring , it was silver and had diamonds engraved all around . I told him to put it on my right hand because I thought it was bad luck to put rings on your left hand ring finger.

I kissed him , " I love you Marquise . "

" I love you too baby , forever and always . "