Chapter 5: A little Talk

Star's POV
A week later passed after that day at the street market and I was able to go back to going on my missions again. Finally. Seemed kind of boring without that life, and I'm pretty sure Travis got back too. I also had my spy things back. During those days though, I got closer to Travis, he turns out not bad at all. It also began snowing which is mad freaking cold and you know what that means, Christmas is coming up.

"So basically we're helping the police on this mission." Darold assumes after reading the mission for tonight. We were up on a rooftop looking discussing the mission. "Well, isn't it the polices' jobs on the robbery? I mean, why do we have to help?"

"Obviously Darold, agent Jean sent us on this mission because they need our help." I pointed out. "Robbers are easiest to catch though, they don't think." He complains. Suddenly, below us, we hear sirens and a black car speeding through. The gang and I were quick on our foot and started running through rooftops, following them.

"Plan?" Umi asks. "Robbers always pulls up on a dark alley, when they do, Darold and Umi, stop them and do what you do best. Me and Jayden will deal with the police." I ordered. "And you know the rest, don't get seen." When the robbers pulled up on a dark alley, Darold and Umi speed through while me and Jayden ran towards the police.

For us, our job was to distract the police so that Darold and Umi don't get caught while dealing with the robbers. We hid through the dark as the police cars slowed down. Some of them got our with their flashlights, looking around when they don't see no one around.

Umi's POV
Me and Darold ran towards the robbers but instead of showing our faces to them, we hide in the dark. Darold made a soft screeching sound, scaring the robbers. "Who's there?!" One asks, looking around. "The police are no where near us, who's there?"

Me and Darold sped through the dark, from buildings to buildings so that all they could see was our shadows. "Yo!" They called scaredly. "Come out you piece of sh**!" They curse. "Didn't your mothers taught you to not curse?" I whisper in a scaryish tone. "What?" They called out confused.

"Don't you know that this is a dark alley...?" Darold asks and he steals away the money. "Our money!" One calls. "Gone!"

"What?!"

Darold and I trapped them with their vehicle and between two buildings. "W-who are you?" They call. "Your worst, nightmare." Darold says and I can tell he's smirking. That's when he added. "It's only a dream, when you wake up, you'll be in your cells."

Not knowing what would happen next, it seemed as if the robbers were freaked out. The next thing that happened, they came running towards us, wanting a fight. So we gave it to them. Although we were fighting them, they still couldn't see us. Darold did a lot of fighting with hitting them with snowballs. Gosh this guy.

The robbers lost and they all collapses, fainting. "Well, that was easy." Darold says. Then we heard police officers. "Let's go." I said and we climbed up the buildings, leaving.

"Gave you enough time?" Star asks as we got up. Darold nods. "Yup, plenty."

"Let's go back to headquarters." Jayden says and left.

Star's POV
After hearing our success, we all separated as we leave for home. Before I was went back though, I sat on a bench and just watched as the snow flew down from the sky. Someone passes through me and then that person stops. "You." I heard her voice says and somehow, it was familiar.

The girl turns around and I realized that was Yui, Travis's best friend. "Yui?" I asked. Yui turned suspicious. "Aren't you Darks supposed to be out on a mission?" She asks. "Just got done, and you?" I asked in reply. "We're done too." She says.

Yui came and sat down next to me with a sigh as she looks at at the sky. "Um..." I stared. "Don't worry, no one will see us, they'll be sleeping." She says. "Dark isn't really...what I expected them to be." I look at her. "What did you expect us to be?" I questioned. "From what I've heard. Rude, greedy, and only caring about your own selves." She starts. "But from what I've observed, you're not like that, you all care for each other, and everyone else."

"You observe us?" I said surprised. "Yeah." Yui said in reply. "I told Blood headmaster agent Collins about it and he said that you're just playing with my head. I don't actually believe that." She turns to me. "You seem nice enough. I hope it's not pretending.

"It's not!" I quickly answered. Yui chuckles for a few seconds then turns serious again as she looks up at the sky. "I wanna know about our past...what made Dark and Blood enemies." She says quietly. "Me too..." I quietly agreed. "I have to go now." Yui says getting up after a few seconds later.

"Yeah." I smiled. Yui starts leaving then pauses and looks back at me. "And thank you...for not pulling the trigger. Travis is like a younger brother to me." She smiles and added. "I'm glad he didn't pulled it either. Jayden seems relieved too." I saw sincerity in her eyes. "It's nice meeting you." And with that, Yui turns and leaves.

Yui's POV
After that little talk with Star, I came back home and called up Travis as I lie in bed. He answers in five seconds. "Yeah?" He calls. "I was with Star just some minutes ago on my way home." I started. "And...?" He asks. "I don't think you should eliminate her. Jayden would be totally sad, not to mention her other friends. I think I would too." I said mentioning his personal mission that he told me about a few days ago.

Travis goes quiet for a few seconds. "So what should I do then? Just bail out and not obey agent Collins?" He asks. "I know it's hard, I wouldn't know what to do either." I started. "I know you're getting closer to her, it would be horrible to just end that relationship like that. And imagine how she would feel. I looked her up on the spy website, she doesn't have a father no more, well, he abandoned her, but she's the only child with her mom now."

"Yeah, I know." He says. "Do you also know that her mom's in serious condition?" I asked. Travis goes quiet, which means he doesn't know. "Travis, if you kill her, her mom would have no one else to take care of her. I know you know how that would feel. And it's not that I want you to disobey agent Collins but I think that this is wrong."

"Don't mean to be rude but, why are you suddenly caring about her?" He asks. "She reminds me of Camellia." I said quietly as I mentioned my dead younger sister's name. Travis pauses as he remembers his ex that he had to break up with because of her death. "When I look at Star, the way she acts, she reminds me of Camellia." Everything goes quiet.

"I'll try to do something." Travis finally says. "I'll help if you need it." I offered. "Thanks." He says and hangs up the phone. I sigh and look up at the stars from my window.

Jayden's POV
The next day in class, the teacher starts talking about some secret Santa stuff. "So everyone has to chose a paper that will have a name on it and you'll have to give a present to that person on the twenty second, before Christmas break. And don't tell anyone about your person.! She says. "Go on."

All of us started going to the front to get our person. When I reach into the box and pulled out the paper, I saw Yui's name written on it. I smile to myself. Not bad.

"A smile, you got someone good right? Me too." Darold says as he came up to me with Umi. "You guys, I got—" Before Star could say anything else, I cover her mouth. "You're not suppose to tell anyone about your person." I tell her. She frowns. "But I barely know this person though." She complains. "Well it's too bad." I smile and walked away with Darold and Umi.

Star's POV
The three of them left with a smile on their faces. Guess they got someone they know. I frown. I look at my paper again. Drake. I don't know him that much though. All I know is that he's Blood, and he's Travis's friend. Ugh, I could've at least gotten Yui or something. I know, I'll just ask Travis about this.