Chapter 25: Knowing The Truth

Star's POV
The next day was school. Dr. Willow gave me the choice to if I wanted to go or not because of what happened yesterday. And I decided to go, especially after knowing that Travis is back to his usual self again.

On the way, I saw the group walking to school. "Guys!" I shouted. The three of them turned around and when they saw me, they smiled. "Star! You decide to come!" Umi exclaims as she hugs me a greeting.

"Yes, the whole gang's here." Darold smiles and we made our way to school. Seeing them gave me a relief, as if I was safe and that no harm would come.

We got to class and saw that Blood weren't there yet. While we were joking around with each other, we suddenly heard some familiar laughing noises.

Looking towards the door, Blood came in lively then pauses when they saw us. For a spilt second, me and Travis made eye contact but I quickly looked away. Yui and Selene came running up to me.

"We heard what had happened yesterday from Blood. You okay?" Yui asks. "They touched you right? But you're not hurt?" Selene adds. "I'm so sorry about this." Yui apologizes. "We're seriously sorry on behalf of Blood. I didn't thought they would go that far." Selene looks guiltily.

"And it was our fault for not looking out for you when we knew that it would happen soon." I heard another voice call out. Aoi looked at me apologetically. "Star, I'm very sorry." She apologizes and explains to me all about her true intentions.

"It was possibly my fault since I backed down from the mission. I should've just kept myself not wanting to be a part of it a secret."

"It's okay Aoi-chan. I knew you weren't that bad when we first met." Good thing the dating was fake. I added to myself. "And besides, about the touching." I paused and placed my hands near my chest and a bit shaken. "...At least they didn't killed me right away." I turned to Dark. "And you guys came in time, so I'm good now." I said trying to sound brave but I knew my voice was a but shaky.

There was a long pause and the first one to break it was Travis. "You sound like you're trying to be brave." He tells me. I looked up and our eyes met since forever. I felt like crying. "It's okay, it's just us. We're best friends."

The others looked at both of us back and forth. "...I'm sorry..." I apologized as I'm feeling the tears forming up. "Oh Star." Yui says pulling me into her arms. "It's okay, it okay."

**
During lunch, I went to the rooftop hoping to not see anyone else there. Sure enough, it was only me. But somehow, a part of me wanted a certain person to be here, you can guess who that is.

As I'm looking out in the horizon and letting the wind flow through my hair, the door to the rooftop creaked open. I gave a slight turn to see who it was. And Travis came out. "Thought you'd be here." He smiles.

I turned back fully and smiled back. "What happened with Blood when, yesterday happened?" I asked him. Travis scratches his head. "Well, agent Collins was mad." He replied.

"Jean was mad too." I said. "Makes Blood and Dark as more enemies now."

"Sorry, I feel like this was my fault." He apologizes. Then it hits me, remembering the words to what one of the Blood had told me.

'Agent Collins found out he liked you.'

I smile to myself. "It's okay, the others came to rescue me in time. Although it was a bit late, but I'll be fine. I just can't be alone in the house no more, which means if Dr. Willow won't be in the house, then I'll have to go to Umi's or something."

"Ever found out about the history?" He asked mentioning about how Dark and Blood became enemies. "No, you?"

Travis shook his head.

"I know something." Came out a familiar voice. We looked and saw that it was Aoi, followed by the others. "Actually I know the whole history. Agent Collins told me." We all gathered around and listened to what she was about to say.

When Aoi saw that we were all focused, she started.

"35 years ago, Blood and Dark used to be the bestest friends. They were actually a team combined called Neon. In all of spy history, they were the best out of everyone else. Their head agent was agent Gideon, Jean's grandfather. He was actually the reason to why the two teams were friends, with his partner agent Nee. But 13 years after the team were combined, agent Nee betrayed Gideon. When Gideon knew about this, they got into a huge fight. Each one of the people had to choose a side, and so they did, and when they did, the teams separated. Agent Gideon was later killed by a Blood, hearing that Nee ordered them to, although that was only a guess, Dark took it seriously so they wanted revenge. Jean and Collins took over the two teams after Nee's disappearance. So from then on, we were enemies."

"Must've been a huge betrayal to separate the two teams." Jayden sighs. "And the sad thing was, they were in love too." Aoi slumped. "Nee and Gideon were? But couldn't they just make up?" Darold asked confused.

Aoi rolled her eyes. "Darold, Nee betrayed Gideon, betrayed! She went behind his back and was trying to kill him. Of course there'll be a huge fight. Imagine Umi going behind your back and betraying you."

Darold quickly puts his arm around Umi's shoulders, pulling her closer to him. "Umi would never do that. I'm 100% sure of that."

"And Gideon was 100% sure Nee would never do that either. That's why when he found out, he was seriously hurt and furious."

After those words, Darold looks at Umi sadly. "I see."

"But, there must've been a good reason." They all turned to me. "Nee wouldn't do that without a good explanation. Maybe it was for the good old both of them." I said remembering about how father left mom. "It had hurt Gideon, but he doesn't even know the reason why..."

All of them went silent. "Isn't there always a meet between each enemies every year?" I turned to Drake remembering. "Ours is two days from it." He says. I gasp aloud. "We have to do something about. I can't keep keeping secrets from our teams that we love the most." Then I looked at every one of them.

"Are we ready?" There was a long silence. This would make a big change, either if we all get expelled from spy, or we'll make a difference to the two teams.

"I'm in." Travis nods. Looking at the others, they give a confident nod. "All of us are." Yui says.

It was time for a change, either if it'll be a good change, or not, but either way, I'll be happy that we'll be clearing up these things.