14. Next Destination

No One's P.O.V

"How long do girls need to take anyways?!" Natsu roars, his patience disappearing awhile ago. He paces the room while the other guys continue to watch him in disbelief.

"I mean - all they have do is put clothes on, right? And the clothes were all ready prepared by Mira so they shouldn't be taking this long...!" He raises his hands in frustration.

"Girls do need to put on their makeup and stuff so maybe that's the reason--"

"Oh...! Ice Princess would know this since he puts on makeup too, huh?" Natsu teases Gray, imitating the way a girl would do their makeup.

"Shut up! At least I don't look like a girl!" He retorts.

"What?! Who's says I look like a--!"

"Guys!" Jellal interrupts, grabbing the attention of the two boys.

"Keep it down, you'll start to bother other people." He says in serious tone.

Natsu and Gray exchanged strange looks with each other. It wasn't normal for Jellal to scold them, it was usually Erza's job and he would just keep quiet. But this time, something was off. It wasn't just now - earlier Jellal had been acting strange ever since the night Mira had made them participate in her show.

But before anyone could respond to the situation, the elevator let out a ding that made all their heads turn toward it. A group of girls dressed in traditional Japanese clothing spilled out of the elevator.

"Whew! I thought I was going to die in there!" Levy exclaimed, not knowing she was breaking down in sweat.

"Why did we went in - when there were so many of us...?" Lisanna asked, wearing an almost similar outfit to Lucy's. They both wore a general shade of pink, but the blonde mage's was more of a baby pink while the other was darker.

 They both wore a general shade of pink, but the blonde mage's was more of a baby pink while the other was darker

"Juvia should've thought of that, after all - Everyone boarded the elevator at once already."

"What took ya'll so long?" The iron mage spoke first amongst the rest. "We've been waiting for here for awhile now!"

"Do you really want to hear an hour's explanation?" Lucy asked, hand on hip.

Because of this, the atmosphere in the lobby became less dense and more comfortable now despite what happened earlier with the guys. "Woah -" Gajeel rose his hands in defense. "Nevermind bunny girl."

The lobby was filled with laughter. "Anyways, why the heck are we wearing these?" Gray asked, gesturing his outfit along with everyone else's. "Now that's a perfect question!"

"Today's the yearly Harvest Moon Festival that celebrates the beauty of the moon and it's fall harvest. We're going to go to the town square, which is not too far away from here and participate in some of the events there. There - booths and stands will be set up to make this day even more exciting! Now, who's ready?"

The group erupts into noises, both cheering and loud. "Finally we could go somewhere more fun." Romeo says to Wendy who nods in agreement. "But before we go, we have to pick your -"

Everyone groans in unison, Mira was yet again going to pick their teams. "No, No, No -" Mira laughs, shaking her head. "This time, I trust that you would be able to pick you're teams."

Once again, the mages side glanced one another, suspicious of Mira's behavior. Ignoring them, she continues - " The number in a team does not matter, so once you are done picking you may go and - "

"Hell yeah!" Natsu approaches the two girls who are wearing similar pink outfits and grabbed a hand. "Come on! Let's go get some food!" He held it tightly and dragged her out of lobby before she could even protest.

"That idiot..." Gray mumbled, but the others still heard it clearly. Happy, who was still flying in his spot stared dumbfounded at the glass doors that slowly closed after Natsu. 

"He grabbed the wrong hand..." Erza trailed off, taking a glance at her best friend who seemed completely broken. She placed a hand on her shoulder which made the blonde mage look up. "It's okay Lucy, you can come with us instead."

Lucy gave a reassuring smile, "Thanks Erza."

"That baka! I swear... He can never get things right." Levy ranted. "Juvia knows! Juvia thinks he meant to grab love rival's but ended up grabbing Lisanna's."

Lucy exhaled a shaky breath, "Nah, I think he really meant to take her hand..." She quietly said, as if she didn't have the energy to speak. "But I would be more than grateful to go with you guys anyways."

With their hearts slightly aching at her response, they just smiled and nodded. Levy took a glance at Gajeel, hoping he would ask her again - like he did when they were at the guild. Gajeel's eyes met her's for a second until he turned away, ripping their gazes from one another. Levy's heart sank even more with confusion, what did she did wrong?

After a slight remark from Juvia, the red-haired mage laughed, her head bobbing slightly. Without even to her content, someone was taking a glance at her beautiful face with a heavy heart. Jellal tried, so hard to not even look at her - both physically and mentally for her own sake, but it was like trying to make the positive and negative side of a magnet not attract, it was utterly impossible,

A few moments later, the idea of who goes with who is set and the mages made their way to the town square. Gray, Juvia and Gajeel were together. Making it really awkward for the iron mage who has to face the acts of the 'lovey, dovey couple'.
Romeo, Wendy and Jellal were together along with Carla. And Levy, Lucy and Erza were together with Happy. Mira and Laxus followed the lagging group, before Laxus broke the silence and asked - "Why did you let them pick their teams?" Though he isn't the type to be nosy, he was curious as to why Mira made the choices she did.

She just flashed her usual smile, "They'll find their ways without me - 'cause like they say, 'You can't run away from destiny no matter how hard you try to.' So, this time I'll put my trust in them, if they fail to do so... well - " She smirked, "I'll be right here to make sure they sail off to sea." The thunder mage let out a chuckle that surprised the white-haired mage with butterflies in her stomach.

He cleared his throat in embarrassment when he caught her looking at him -his cheeks tinted with pink-, "Well, we should get going right?" She nodded in agreement before following the rest of the group.