Chapter 1

8 years ago...

I opened one eye slowly and then the other to see red hazy lights coming from my alarm. I rubbed my eyes, clearing my vision, and saw the time:

5:00 am

I jumped out of bed, took my usual brief shower, and got in my jogging capris along with a long sleeve shirt for my morning run. I slipped on my black Nike airs in a rush and ran out the back door, waiting to receive the sharp embrace of the cold morning air. I ran as fast as I could, past the tall oak trees and feeling the clean cold air as I jumped over the creek. Feeling the adrenaline pump through my arms and legs, I leaped up and grabbed the rope that hung on one of the branches of the trees. I swung up and all the way around before I let go of the rope and plummeted down head first towards the earth.  The feeling of my nerves shivering slightly down my spine added to the rush before I pushed myself off the ground with the force that followed for flying.  I flew back up, my path making a U shape, up to the top of the trees until I could see the beautiful view laid out before me. The mountains in the distance had snow on their tops and grass as green as pine near the bottom, the river coming between some mountains glistened in the sunlight, grassy fields were laid out with the scent of faint dew accenting the air, and white flowers glimmered with dew on its snow-white pedals. All the details of the dew on the flowers and grass, even the glittering water and sparkling snow, were so gorgeous in their own way. Getting the chance to see it, even from such a far distance, always felt like some sort of reset, or like a refreshing experience that I knew I needed to get through each day. I haven't had the worst experience with life and everything, although I wouldn't recommend living in my shoes for even a second to anyone. Having the ability to see the view, and have the supernatural ability to expel this energy freely with no one around was something that I knew I needed. No one else could have understood exactly what I went through, and I intended on keeping it that way. I found out about my abilities not too long ago, and I was honestly surprised because it never stopped. I kept seeing something new and I didn't know why. I started thinking that I was adopted, but that slipped out of my mind since I remembered that I looked too much like my parents for that to be the case. I had my mother's iceberg eyes while I had my father's bronze skin and raven hair. According to dad, I got my round nose and lips from his mother, which I just naturally believe now since I remember a brief glimpse of her in my memories and didn't find any reason to doubt. It doesn't feel really strange, but every time I looked in the mirror, I was reminded of my father and his leaving for handling his own matters. I never found a reason to hold a grudge against him for leaving for 10 years because we were so close, I knew that there had to be a good reason for why he left. My mother, on the other hand, was not convinced. But, I had more faith than that. 

I jogged past the trees and immediately came to a halt when I arrived at a familiar grassy cliff looking over the view. I enjoyed coming to this place since it was the only place where I felt like my father saw me. My father actually introduced me to the forest path before he left, and told me that whenever I missed him, and when I was old enough, I should run along the path he made for me at sunrise so that when the sun came, I could feel the warmth of the sun and be reminded of his embrace. I started running the path when I was ten and had been running each day to meet his embrace ever since then for 7 years. I looked at my watch to check the time:

7:30 am

Being on cue, I ran back to the house, this time within a matter of minutes with everything appearing like a blur, to begin packing my things. As much as I appreciated the experiences that I had to open my eyes to the world, I knew that I couldn't stay in this town for another minute, especially with the accident that happened several months prior.

I'll try and sum it up for you as best as I can. Apparently, a villain was tracking me down and I couldn't tell anyone because they threatened to literally destroy my school and everyone in it while exposing my abilities. I was already a bit of a social pariah, so adding that to the list of weird about me would have conspired to a literal witch hunt. As if that wasn't bad enough, 3 months ago, I started to get powers of nuclear touch and I didn't even know it. I was lucky that my mom didn't get it, but I came into contact with so many people. Then, not long after, it went on the news that people were getting sick from a form of nuclear poisoning. 15 people allegedly died from it and the FBI was going to take it on as a case to see if there were any signs of foul play. I was mortified that I killed that many people, and I knew that I had to leave before I could do any more damage. I had to look out for myself and the powers that I received.