Chapter 23

Steve Rogers

After being pushed by Sky, dust clouds started to roll slowly away until the big pile of rocks and dirt could be visibly seen. More sunlight poured in the cave due to the massive hole from above. There was no sign of Sky anywhere, which made me worry about whether Sky was still conscious from all the debris falling on her. The three of us got up from our falls and rushed over to the pile of rocks to move the rocks out of the way.

"Sky? Sky!" I tried yelling through the rocks and debris for her to hear but I couldn't tell if she heard me due to no response.

"She must be unconscious. We must hurry before we face another dilemma," Thor suggested before he rose his hand in the air, making his hammer fly right into his grasp.

He was about to hit some of the rocks off the disarranged pile, but I stopped moving some of the rocks away to warn him, "Don't do it. The rocks could fall more and it might hurt Sky."

"Then I guess I'll just shoot them off," Tony added while he had his armored glove on one of his hands. It was about to start up but I stopped him.

"Stark--"

"Rogers, the girl's been hit by your shield. I'm pretty sure she can get through it," He argued. After he spoke out a few rocks came tumbling towards the ground and started shifting. "That wasn't me."

"I think that's clear," I mumbled before turning back again to see more rocks falling from the pile.

Only a few more moved, making loud shuffling knocks, and after seeing them fall was a hand that was relaxed and open. We all knew then that Sky was conscious of where she was due to her waving with small motions and pointing towards her direction. Thor kneeled down and held her hand before speaking to her.

"Sky, are you alright? We will attempt to get you out as painlessly as possible," His voice tried to sooth her but she thought otherwise.

"Pull me!" Her voice muffled as she squeezed his hand while he looked confused and Tony was giving me the "I told you so" look.

Thor moved a bit closer although his voice remained the same volume. "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure! Just pull me out," She urged him. Thor then put his hammer down on the ground beside him and grabbed Sky's hand firmly. He kept hold of her hand for a few seconds, and then pulled on her hand.

Dust clouds started to form again along with more rocks starting to fall and hit the ground with loud noise. As soon as the dust cloud started to clear, Sky was laying on her stomach coughing from the dust and debris floating in the air. She stopped coughing and her back started to move abnormally. The bones in her back were moving to their fixed positions as she pushed herself up with her arms. She laid down on her back as soon as her back went back to normal, but she was still coughing out the dust in the air. I went beside her while she was trying to recover to ask if she was okay.

She said lowly, "Please tell me we got the pictures." I gave her a small smirk. "Yeah," I nodded. "We did. But we have to get back."

"I shall carry her to the plane and put her on recovery," Thor swiftly picked her up, carrying her in a bridal style. But Sky refused.

"I'm not letting you carry me like I can't walk on my own. I'll be fine in few minutes," She hopped out and tried to walk, but stumbled quite a bit before Thor picked her back up and held her firmly.

"Until those few minutes are over, you must have some assistance with getting back to the jet. You can relax and heal when we arrive then."

We all got out of the cave as soon as possible, and while we were walking to the jet Sky glared at me like she was trying to figure out something bad about me.