Chapter 11

Sky

I twirled my martial stick as Professor Alen told me to go stand in the middle of the floor. He went to a door that was next to the door that we just went through, but it led him to a room that had a big window for us to see each other. Inside the room, there was a board right behind him with post-it notes, random pieces of paper, bar graphs, pie charts, and other things. He had a MacBook right in front him on top of his desk, including stacks of paper and some black boxes. On one side of the room, he had a cabinet full of experimental glasses along with microscopes and some samples that were not familiar to me. On the other side of the room, there was another board similar to the one behind him but only smaller. He was typing on the computer once more before he looked forward, pressed a button, and began to speak.

"Now I want you to show me any moves that you know and you must demonstrate in the best possible way. That includes good form, skills, and technique. There will be a holographic model that you will be fighting, and your challenge is to defeat him using as much of the three criteria as possible." 

I looked over my shoulder to see someone in full black with a wrap covering their face. Without any introduction, the person tried to swing their foot to meet my head. But I ducked under and hit him in the back with my elbow. The person was down on his face, bu then he rolled on his back and hopped up. He brought out his own pole that fully lengthened out. Mine was only to be used with one end while he could be used both ways. I was still able to fight as I protected myself from his hits and blows. He tried hitting my feet but I flipped and kicked his back while his stick went flying across the room. I stood over him with the stick pushing his back to the ground. My breathing was the only thing that was heard in the room until the Professor started clapping as he stood in the doorway.

The professor laughed and laughed until his cheeks grew a color of bright rose. He fanned himself with one of his clipboards and put it down once he was done.

"Our technology is quite advanced, you see. Tony, Bruce, and I wanted to build something that was for the protection of the world and kept the team up to date on what is going on. So we all started working together and the term 'great minds think alike' started to prove it's point. Everything here was brought up by us and some help from the team," he explained to me.

Despite the fact that he looked a lot like Einstein, he was a bit more playful and had a kind personality. Tony was funny and a bit of a worry wart in some cases, but then again there is a reason why he has a lot of money.

"Alright. Did I pass my martial arts segment?" I asked with curiosity within my tone.

He nodded his head and said that I was able to pass an advanced test. I was starting to feel really confident that I had everything down. But, I didn't dare look up at the window because I knew that two things would happen:

Thor would look at me and smile while I would smile back, or Thor would smile at me and Cap would be laughing behind his back making me blush.

"Alright, Sky! The final testing that we will be able to do will be to see if you have any magical powers. Let me lock down the whole room for it to be secure," The professor did what he said that he was going to do while I watched the windows slide metal over itself.

"You know, I think this is the best training session that I'm ever going to have," I said while I glanced at my glowing hands.

"Now why is that, sweetheart?" The professor asked while he leaned on the wall.

I responded by letting different color lights shoot out my hands and let them bounce around the room. Then, they all came together above everything in the room and filled the room with color. It was truly a sight to behold since the guys came down to see what was going on.