Chapter 9

Sky

A thin beam of light slipped through my window, causing me to wake up. I stretched out while I was in my bed, my legs not even close to hanging over the edge of the bed, and got up slowly. I rubbed my eyes and checked the clock that glowed blue:

5:30 am, Sep 3rd.

I moved off the bed and got into the shower to get ready for the day. Once I was done, I wrapped a purple towel around my body and looked for something to wear. I was surprised that they had a walk-in closet for guests, especially for superheroes. They had the whole closet in all colors of the rainbow and different shades. It took me a while to figure out what to wear, but I saw an outfit that stood out to me the most. I put on a blue and black midi dress that was knee length and came along with black tights. The sleeves went all the way down to my wrists, and they were all black. From the waist down the front central part of my dress was black and the rest was blue with black scribbles on it. There was a zipper that started from my left collarbone down and across to the right side of my waist. My shoulders had the same pattern as the rest of the dress but it was flared up a little, and my dress didn't flare out on the bottom too much. But it was just right for me to move around and fight in. My straight jet black hair made me recognizable, but for some reason, I didn't want that. I wanted people to look at me and never figure out who I was. But that goal could have been somewhat achieved thanks to the new scar that ran across my face. But I wanted something more different, so I curled my hair loosely. As I looked in the mirror, I noticed something different about me that caused me to jump at the sight of me: My skin had golden symbols on them! My father told me that this would happen although he never really told me why. I didn't really mind when he first told me since I loved anything that sparkled on the skin. But, it still came as a shock to me because I forgot that it would somehow happen to me. I looked at my face, my hands, and went back to my face. It was only for a moment as they sunk into my sink like smooth rocks swallowed by the water, with light and dark blue swirls going around the color of my eyes gradually returning to its normal shade of blue. But I still looked different anyways.

"If only he knew exactly when it would have happened," I mumbled to myself referring to my father.

My thoughts about my father were interrupted by A few hard knocks on the door.

"Sky, it's time for your training! Hurry up!" I heard a voice say on the other side of my door, guessing that it was Cap.

"I'll be right there!" I half yelled for him to hear me from my closet.

I put on some suede black boots and was about to walk through the door when suddenly my clothes flashed and shined brightly. I was blinded for a few seconds until the light died down and my eyes widened to what I was seeing. I was wearing a completely different outfit that was more suitable for training in, but I still liked my other outfit. I had on a leather jumpsuit that fitted me perfectly and was very flattering. The jumpsuit was dark blue up on the top but it faded into a dark smokey purple. The jumpsuit stopped to the top of my knee, meeting with my shoes. I had long sleeves that matched the blend of color from the outfit with silver cuff bracelets on both of my wrists, and a black silk ribbon tied around my waist as a belt. I looked at my feet to see myself wearing black knee-length suede boots with a diamond as the top of each heel and a black heel on the bottom of the big gem.

"How am I supposed to train in these?" I asked myself while I observed my heels.

As if my shoes heard my question, the heel glowed and when the light died down the heel was shaped down and the bottom of the shoe had different textures for different climates. After I observed it, it glowed again and went back to its glorious heel that I was first introduced to.

I heard more banging on the door, and in response, I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming! Don't get your boxers in a twist!" I yelled as I walked to the door.

I stopped by the mirror to look at myself before I left the room. I entered the code that Vision had given to me so that I could exit the room, and the door slid up to reveal Cap standing in front of the door. He wore the uniform I saw him in when we first met in the square, but he didn't have a mask. From the look on his face, I think that I looked good but I ignored it. I got out my room to enter the code again and the door slid down and clicked to be secure.

"So, do I eat first and then train? Or do I train first and then eat? Because I'm fine either way," I said walking with Cap to where ever he was leading me.

"You have to train first," He said then look at me with a cocked brow.

"What?" I asked him. "Is there something on my face?"

"No, it's just--Why are you wearing heels?" Cap asked as he looked at my shoes.

I didn't know how to show Cap, so I thought about them changing into the shoes that I saw a few moments back. And to my luck, they glowed a white light and revealed itself as black suede boots that seemed excellent for running in. He raised both of his brows this time and then shook his head with chuckling to himself.

"That must have cost you a certain amount of money," He said lowly.

"Only some. It's not that much, but I bet Tony spends a certain amount being him and all," I stated as we got in the elevator.

"He may be a billionaire, but that guy is cheap," He smirked as he talked about Tony.

"How cheap?" I asked him while I crossed my arms and gave all my attention to his reason.

"Well, for one thing, he can buy things for himself with no problem. It's just that when it comes to asking him for fifty dollars, he can give you five instead."

"Sounds like he's more stingy than cheap. Plus, I bet I can get him to give me a hundred dollars," I said as I looked at my groomed nails.

He scoffed which got my attention as I snapped my head up at him.

"You don't think I can do it?" I cocked an eyebrow at him with a hand on my hip.

"Well--Yeah I don't think you can," He laughed out.

"Watch me," I said as I punched him in the arm.

The elevator doors opened, which revealed the lounge back in its silent estate. We turned to the left and went down a familiar hallway that had a door at the end of the hallway.

"By the way," Cap interrupted the silence that somewhat comforted me. "Remember when you said that I owe you one for getting that scar and I agreed?"

"Yeeaahhh, why?" I said, with a bit of anxiety rising in me.

He opened the door for me and I went in to reveal an all-white room with some blue lights that glowed like sabers and a large window that was high up on the wall. In the window, there was a man in a lab coat with curly black hair and right next to him was none other than Thor. I turned slowly towards Cap to see him awkwardly smiling at me.

"Surprise!" He said as he rubbed his neck, trying to look for comfort.

I pressed my tongue on my bottom lip and chuckled to myself.

"You really did it?" I asked him grinning.

"Well yeah. I owe you don't I?" He said grinning slyly.

I smirked while pressing my tongue against my bottom lip, and shook my head in disbelief.

"Thanks, Cap. But I can tell you're making fun of me."

"I don't know what you mean by that," He said lowly before he went out the door.

He came back into view when I see him in the window looking over at me and then sat next to Thor.

I shook my head and spoke to myself.

"Let's do this then."