Chapter Three: I Do

Jamie's P.O.V.

Summer was a major bore for me, I've spent half of it working at NHL studios during the Finals by going back and forth from Pittsburgh and San Jose, and the other half at the diner once hockey season was over. The days I wasn't working I was with Vanessa either at the park, the movies or at home watching reruns of The Walking Dead, I can officially say I have seen every episode at least seven times.

As for my hockey friends;

Ryan and Patrick's summer was a lot more calmer than last year, Patrick was having a pretty good year since he's won the Art Ross, Ted Lindsey and Hart trophies at the NHL awards this year. The two of them decided to stay in Chicago this year to stay out of trouble in Buffalo, but we barely had time to talk or to see each other because of her job as a lawyer, she's been promoted from divorce lawyer to criminal justice, pretty cool huh? Her and Patrick have been busy with finishing minor details for the wedding also, they'd FaceTime me whenever they had the chance which was once every couple of days but I'm not complaining.

Emily went to New Jersey with Trevor to spend the summer with his family, and they also went to Paris for a week. I was super jealous when I saw Trev's Instagram photo of them kissing under the Eiffel Tower, goals right there. Emily kept in touch frequently because she didn't want me to feel alone, it didn't really work but she tried her best.

And Jonathan, after the Hawks' season ended he also stayed back in Chicago a little while longer to finish some business and keep in shape with his trainer. He recently got on the Twitter bandwagon and has been the 'King of Tweets' ever since from posting tips on how to live a healthy life style to chirping Kaner, Shawzy and Darls. I've also heard that he's selling his house, the one I lived in for a short period of my life, it's what I heard I don't keep in touch with Jonathan. Patrick keeps me updated on Jonathan's life, I have no idea why though.

I haven't spoken to Jonathan since that day at the church, Emily and Ryan tell me that he creeps on my Twitter page to check on me and he's terrified to follow me.

I don't know what he expects to see.

'JSmith4Real: hey everyone I just slit my wrist because I'm depressed!'

A simple phone call would do, Jonny.

Most people think I hate him for what he did, when really I can't hate a man I once loved, I can't hate anyone. Nobody deserves it.

Unless you're Hitler or the Antichrist.

July was finally here and I was counting down the days until the Blackhawks Convention and the wedding, it was my first time going to the HawksCon I didn't go last year because I barely knew anyone and my relationship with Jon just started, I was a little awkward about it. But this year I was going because I wanted to see my friends and it's part of my job.

Each day in July passed slowly, the days dragged on and on and on, they just went really slow, okay?

To pass time and keep myself from going insane, I kept busy by apartment hunting. I decided it was time to move out again and get my own place, I've seen dozens of apartments and condos in many suburbs and out in the city but none of them were in my price range.

There was one that did catch my eye.

It was right off of Lakeshore Drive, it was close enough to the studio and the UC, it was a one bedroom apartment with a fully equip kitchen, fully furnished, a closet big enough for two people, the walls were painted a light beige color and a view of the street below. Rent was only five hundred a month, it was perfect in every way possible.

"Thank you so much, Misses Hashimatta." I said with a bright smile to my new landlady as I handed her first month's rent.

Misses Hashimatta also lived in the apartment with her husband and two girls on the first floor, they seemed like a nice family.