Chapter One: a Big Announcement

Jonathan's P.O.V.

Playoffs:
Round two
Game seven

I walked into the UC from the parking garage with my hockey equipment bag in my left hand and my duffle bag slung over my shoulder, Andrew Ladd was walking next to me while looking on his phone he broke the silence between us.

"You're pretty quiet today, Tazer. What's up?"

"Nothing," I lie with a shake of my head. "Just thinking about the game tonight."

I was thinking about so much more than these games.

"Don't stress out too much." He gave me a light slap on my shoulder.

"I'll try not to." I gave Andrew a reassuring smile.

Once we got to the dressing room we parted our ways into our own stalls where the rest of the guys were, the room was filled with small chatter and Selena Gomez's "Hands To Myself" playing on the radio.

Somebody has to stop letting Patrick pick the playlists.

I quickly changed out from my clothes and into my Under Armour long sleeved Grippy along with the matching leggings.

"All of the downs and the uppers keep making love to each other and I'm trying, trying, I'm trying." Patrick sang as he danced his way toward my stall.

"I would appreciate if you didn't sing that while looking at me." I chuckled.

"Can't keep my hands to myself, oh, oh, hands to myself. Okay I'm done." Patrick laughed softly as he stopped in front of me. "Laddy says you're feeling down."

"I'm not feeling down." I stated as my eyebrows drew together.

"Is it because Jamie's here?"

"What?" I could tell my eyes were bulging out out of my skull.

"Oh, you didn't know?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Shit.." A look of concern and nervousness washed over Patrick's face.

I honestly didn't know she was here, I didn't know how to react.

It's been nearly a month since I've seen her face, heard her voice or felt her touch. I kept telling the guys I was fine, that it wasn't bothering me but deep down I was a complete mess.

"What is she doing here?" I ask causally so that I don't seem interested.

"Press, I think?" Patrick replied as he scratched the back of his neck. "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, for sure. Don't worry." I lie again.

Which is becoming a terrible habit.

After we all got into our gear it was time for the morning skate with Coach Q, Kitch and Dineen, we started with laps today and I was waiting for my turn behind Seabs.

"So I heard Jamie's here." He looked at me with a soft, sorrowful expression.

"Uhh, yeah, Kaner told me." I say pursing my lips.