Chapter Four: When I Look at You

Jamie's P.O.V.

August

It's almost been a month since the wedding, almost a month since I thought Jonathan and I had a second chance, almost a month since I last saw him. I was done with him, I couldn't think about him anymore, I couldn't think about us anymore. There was no way of us being back together any time soon and to be honest, I don't think he wanted to be together.

Emily thought it would be a good idea to have a sleep over at my place with Ryan, I agreed since my apartment was bigger than the last plus I could use the girl time. Ryan and Patrick picked me up to go to the grocery store with them, they needed to stock up on some things and I was in charge of getting junk food for our sleep over. Patrick parked his car into a spot fairly close to the entrance of Mariano's and grabbed a shopping cart from the cart return.

"Can I sit in the cart?" I asked Patrick with a childlike smile.

"Uhh, aren't you a little big for that?" He chuckled.

"I think she's perfect size." Ryan said teasingly.

"I can fit in the basket, Patrick." I faked a glare at the couple.

"Go for it, shorty."

After several attempts to climb into the basket of the shopping cart, Patrick and Ryan stopped laughing at my failure and helped me get into the cart. Patrick pushed me into the store with Ryan following close behind as we made our first stop in the produce aisle. Ryan filled the basket with various fruits and vegetables and lots of other healthy stuff that I wasn't too familiar with, Patrick continued to push the cart further into the store while Ryan stocked up the cart.

My face lit up when we were strolling through the aisle that was filled with lots of different varieties of chips and Hostess and Little Debbie cakes.

"I'll take one of everything please." I said to Ryan with a grin.

"Do you know that all of this stuff isn't good for you?" Patrick asked with a slight laugh.

"You're hanging around Jona- ..he who shall not be named too much, babe." Ryan hesitated to say his name.

I snarled at sound of his name, at the thought of him. Hate was setting into my heart and I was honestly terrified, I didn't want to hate him but since that night everything changed.

"Oh, so Jonathan is Lord Voldemort now?" Patrick questioned his wife.

Ryan gave Patrick a look then nodded her head in my direction as she filled the cart with the contents I wanted, I raised my eyebrow and shook my head.

"Guys I'm right here." I finally broke my silence.

Patrick gave me a small smile and shrugged.

"You should talk to him." Patrick suggested as we strolled down the aisle.

"No, I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"Because Patrick, I don't want to talk to him. I'm done with him."

"Just give him a chance, hear him out."

"Ryan tell Patrick that I don't want to talk to Jon- him."

"I'm not getting involved in this, if you and Pat start throwing punches I can't help either one of you." Ryan said with a shake of her head and walked away.

I looked at Patrick and he shrugged giving me a cocky smile, I rolled my eyes at the curly haired boy and stayed silent for the rest of the shopping trip. I couldn't understand why Pat was urging me to talk to Jonathan, Jon had better things to do in his life than to try and fix what we once had together.