Chapter 1: "Pilot"

CHAPTER ONE

*****************

It all started on May 21, 2011.

That's when everything changed for an average 15 year old boy named Jassel. Everything that he ever knew was about to turn around completely.

His whole life, has led to this...

It fell on a Saturday,

In the quiet suburban town of Homestead, Florida, Jassel and his single mother Iris, were eating dinner, watching the evening news.

"How was school?" asked Iris.

"Good, same as usual" Jassel responded.

The news were talking about the increasing tension going on in the Middle East and religious believers sought a meaning and reason to all this. That's when all of sudden, the lights flickered, the television went static, the house went completely silent. BOOM! A loud noise was heard from outside.

"Hello?" yelled Jassel.

His mother responded,

"I'm right here!"

Everything came back, the lights, the television, and the noise and static went away. But something was different. It was in the air. Jassel and Iris felt it. Out of nowhere, the television yelled out "chaos everywhere", as millions are missing across the world.

The two rush out of the house and find themselves surrounded by everyone in their neighborhood each frantically looking for a loved one.

"No, it can't be!" yelled Iris.

The unthinkable had happened. It was known as the biblical rapture.

5 MONTHS LATER...

The world has settled into a post-rapture chaos. There are deaths everywhere. Criminals have escaped the prisons and now roam around freely. All electricity is lost throughout the world. The wealthy of course, have the last remaining power of electricity. Governments have shut down. The president is no where to be found. But across the world in Jerusalem, a man by the name of Franco DeJesus has risen into power, and is starting to set up a government for Europe.

Meanwhile in Homestead things never really changed. Being such a small isolated town, it never really got as affected by the rapture as other towns and cities. Jassel, Iris, Alex, his high school best friend, whose parents disappeared in the rapture, and his aunt Joan are living together trying to live as much as a normal life as possible. Jassel and Alex go to school every day and his mom and aunt go to work every day as well. Running under Mayor Linda Bell, Banks are set up, as Homestead was one of the few places in the world that still has a running local government with local farms with food production. With a population of less than four thousand, Mayor Bell and the remaining citizens are just trying to work together to maintain safety and stability. A hospital, police station, and even a school are still functioning due to solar energy provided by the Air Force generals who remained at the homestead Air Force base. Life is pretty much going the same.

Until now that is...

It's a hot humid foggy October day, and Jassel hears his mother cry in her room.

"Why didn't we go with the others to heaven?" she asks herself,

sobbing.

"Mom, calm down I'm sure there must be a reason for this, there always is",

says Jassel,

pulling her dark long hair back and giving her a hug. Iris is a very nice loving supporting mother and she believes in God and has the purest heart.