Chapter 7: "Secrets"

CHAPTER SEVEN

________________________

Union Hospital,

New York City,

March 13, 1996.

"Come on, Push!",

the doctors yelled at Iris as she was giving birth.

"AHHHHHH!",

she yelled in pain as the baby started to emerge.

As the baby was being born, all the lights in the hospital room mysteriously started to shine brighter and brighter. They illuminated the room with such brightness that it heated it up. The light bulbs shined so bright that one by one they started to break and explode as Iris yelled in agony. The broken lights were replaced by the emergency lights and that short moment of silence and darkness ended when they turned on as the doctors were able to have full hold of the baby.

"It's a boy!", yelled a nurse.

They placed the baby in Iris's arms as she cried of joy and happiness.

"What would you like to name him?", asked the nurse.

"Jassel.",

she said with a smile as tears ran down her cheeks.

___________________________

Present time.

Jassel wakes up to a bright light creeping into the room. Alex is sound asleep. As he walks out in the hallway he notices Melinda, the angel, at the end of the hallway.

"Hello, Jassel.", she says with a smile.

"Melinda? How are you here?", he asked.

"I'm not, this is a dream, the only way I could contact you for now. I sensed you needed my help.", she said.

"I did, Melinda, I don't know how to get my aunt and my mom off of Damien's grip on them. You were right, he is really powerful, and he even showed me something horrible in my head yesterday.", Jassel said.

"Jassel, I will try my best to help you by dropping hints here and there but in the end, you need to help yourself, because in order to solve the problems of today, your gonna have to look deeper into the problems of yesterday, your past. Whether you remember or not, you had a very complicated childhood, and only YOU can realize your true self.", said Melinda.

***

Jassel suddenly wakes up. It's about nine in the morning. He gets out of his lower bunk bed, and sees that Alex is also getting up.

"Sleep good?", Alex asked Jassel.

"I guess.", Jassel responded.

"Why, something wrong? You know, other than the fact that we have a powerful DEMON living in OUR house.", said Alex.

"That's the thing, I had a dream where this angel, Melinda, well she said she's visited me before, telling me that I had a complicated childhood, I mean I know I was sick all the time but no one ever knew why.",

Jassel said in a tone of confusion.

"Well that's interesting, do you remember anything?", asked Alex.

"I don't know, it's a blur, but I feel like the only way we're going to figure out how to kill Damien if I look back at my past, my so called, complicated childhood that she spoke of.", Jassel responded.

Alex nodded along.

Without warning, a picture fell out of the closet, and landed right in front of Jassel. The picture showed him at near four years old with both of his parents at Times Square in New York City awaiting the new millennium, or the year 2000.