Chapter 6: "Lie To Me"

CHAPTER SIX
****************

A new day starts across Homestead. Jassel and Alex are sitting in the kitchen counter eating breakfast while Iris continues her long trek of cleaning the entire house, room by room.

"So you really are an angel?", Alex asks Jassel.

"Yeah, I think I always was, especially when I was little.", Jassel responds.

"Well it's a very good time for you to rediscover your powers because thanks to that, you saved my life, especially when I almost died with this man who called himself death.", Alex replied.

"Yeah, and speaking about death, has he bothered you again?" Jassel asked.

Alex responded,

"I'm not sure, I heard something through the--"

Out of nowhere, Joan walks in with a very pale face and interrupts the ongoing conversation between Jassel and Alex. They both notice that she is not herself as she starts talking in a very monotone zombie like voice.

"Damien wants breakfast, I have to make him breakfast."

"Joan, a-are you okay?" Jassel slowly asked her.

"Yes, now I need to make him breakfast.",

she responded, walking like a robot towards the refrigerator.

Alex and Jassel both looked at each other in disbelief.

"Okay that's it, your mom is going insane cleaning like there is no tomorrow and now Joan is acting like a totally different person!", Whispered Alex.

"Now where IS that little devil anyways?",

he continued, getting up and walking towards the hallway.

"Do NOT go into my room!", Suddenly yelled Joan.

"We're not, we're going to OUR room.", Alex yelled back at her.

As Jassel and Alex walk away from the kitchen, Jassel looks back and notices a dark shadow behind Joan and stops Alex and tells him,

"Alex, that is NOT Joan anymore. Something got inside of her."

"Yeah and it's ALL because of Damien. Me and Daniel almost dying, the sinkholes, your mom and Joan going insane. ALL because of him. We have to get rid of him Jassel, I know you know how to do that now that your an angel and stuff.", Alex responded.

"It's not that easy Alex, I was warned Damien is a very powerful demon. He can read our thoughts, he's related to the DEVIL, and to make things even worst, he has plans for me.", Jassel responded.

"Plans?, what plans?", Alex responded confused.

"I don't know, I think he's known about me all along. But one thing I DO know is that provoking him might just make things worst. We have to come up with a plan on how to at least talk to him. I will do that. I don't want you or anyone I care about to get hurt again. I will confront him myself when the time is right, understand?", Jassel sharply told Alex.

"Yes I understand", stubbornly replied Alex.

***

A couple miles to the west, Kim wakes up in her room with a big smile, looking at Jassel's picture on her phone. She gets up and walks outside of the room and toward the bathroom. As she does so, she overhears Daniel asking her dad if his friend Julie could come over later. Julie was Daniel's crush, the girl who walked in to his hospital room to bring him a get well card along with a kiss on his cheeks.
She looks curiously to see what her dad responded. Oddly enough, he agreed and now she will be coming over later.