Chapter 9: "Fantasies"

CHAPTER NINE

******************

An ominous red sun rises over Homestead. At city hall, Franco and his army are preparing for a so called party that he's throwing in celebration of becoming the new mayor. He looks down at Bell's body and grins, saying sarcastically,

"So sad that Mayor Bell has died of terrible accident."

He snaps his finger and poof, her body turns to dust.

"Joan! Come clean this dust off the floor!", he yells at her.

She comes in and picks it up with a vacuum cleaner. Damien looks at Franco from afar and asks,

"So how are we going to get him on our side?"

"By luring him in, with all my luxury.", Franco responded, smiling.

"I will send a personal invitation to him, his friends and family, to see all I have to offer. I assure you they will fall in love with me.", Franco continued.

He waves at a set of beautiful boxes decorated in gold, causing them to whisk away in the air, through the door. It takes just a couple seconds to reach their destination.

***

Jassel wakes up to three loud knocks on the wall that only he seems to hear because he is the only one that is awakened. Alex and Jason are still sleeping. He walks out of his room and opens the door to find the gold box with a tag that read:

"From: F.D

To: Jassel

We are so sad to inform you that mayor Bell has died in a terrible car accident. She has honored me in her will to become mayor if anything had happened to her. You and your family are cordially invited to this celebration of her life, tonight, at eight o'clock."

Along with this card came a golden tux for Jassel, who looked in total confusion as to why Franco was in town.

***

Later when everyone awoke, the golden box lay in the kitchen where Iris, Jason, Alex, and Jassel were eating breakfast.

"I can't believe our mayor is dead.", Iris says.

"I don't understand, why would such a high class powerful leader come all the way down here?", Alex says, staring down at the box.

"I don't know, but I bet it has something to do with Damien.", Jassel responded.

"It probably does, seeing that Damien is no longer in the backyard anymore. He probably left to join Franco in his evil league.",

Jason said, jumping into the conversation.

"Well whatever reason he's here for cannot be good. I have to go to see what he's up to.", said Jassel.

"Honey, I don't think it's a good idea for you, or anyone to go.", Iris said.

"She's right, but at the same time, I think you should go. I've heard about him. He's the antichrist and he is very powerful. Yeah, he's all rich and stuff, but he's not the type of guy you can trust. Europe may look all nice and peaceful but people who go against him tend to disappear.", Jason explained wisely.

"Well Jason, I'm not going there to gain his trust, I'm going there to see what he's up to. I mean obviously he invited us for a reason. And if he's as dangerous as you say he is then I think my mom and Alex should stay. Me and Jason will go.", Jassel said.

"No, I'm going too.", Alex said.

"Alex, you've almost died twice already, I think you should avoid risking it a third time.", Jassel told him.