Chapter 5: "A Night To Remember"

CHAPTER FIVE
__________________________

After investigating the salt barrier, Jassel, Kim, and Jason become trapped in an abandoned house, as an army of demons with the initials F.D on their foreheads, loom in from the forest, guarding every entrance and exit of the house, as the trio inside wait inside, against the wall in pure fear as they hear the footsteps get closer and closer.

"What are we gonna do!", yells Kim.

"I don't know, shhh stay quiet.",

Jassel whispers as the footsteps suddenly come to a halt. Their leader, Kris, a tall demon with the appearance of a young man, slowly nears the front steps of the house.

Jason, next to them, having experienced demons before was breathing really hard, closing his eyes in suspense, thinking about what was gonna happen next.

As Kris approaches the front porch, he is suddenly shunned and cannot come inside, realizing that there is someone inside protecting the three and and says from outside,

"Give me what I want, and I'll go away.", says Kris.

"What is it that you want!" yells Jassel, confused.

"It's very simple really, I want one of you three, Jason West."

"Why?" asks Jassel.

"That is not for you to know, now give me what I want, because sooner or later you guys will want to leave, and I am a man of patience, so I don't mind standing out here ALL night if I have to.", Kris says.

Jason whispers,

"I'm gonna look throughout the house to see what I can find."

"Okay, me and Kim will look around here as well.", whispered Jassel.

As they do this Jassel's phone starts to ring, and it's his mom calling thinking that he is still at the hospital.

"Hey it's starting to get late, do you want me to come pick you up?.",

asked Iris through the phone.

"Actually, were gonna stay until tomorrow morning so you can pick us up together when Alex and Daniel get discharged.",

said Jassel, lying not to worry his mom.

"And what about Kim, is she staying as well?", she asked.

"Yes, we're staying together mom, see you tomorrow." said Jassel.

"Okay bye love you"

she said, as he ended the call.

Iris actually felt more comfortable leaving Jassel at the hospital than back at home with Damien. Moments later, Kim's dad also calls to ask the same thing as Iris, also lying to him about still being at the hospital and asking to stay. As she ends the call and puts her phone in her pocket, she walks forward and sneaks her head through the curtains, looking at Kris, standing outside, waiting like a statue along with his army. She then turns her head back towards Jassel and says,

"Jassel, there is an army of demons standing outside, what are we gonna do, we can't just stay in here forever."

"We're not, I'm gonna find a way to figure this out.", said Jassel with a tone of confidence.

Jason walks in with some new findings.

"Okay so I found a bat, and a ball."

"That's good, if only we were dealing with a robber!", Jassel says sarcastically.

"Well, I found this weird dagger under a sofa in the living room, along with a still functioning cellphone.", Jassel continued.

Out of nowhere, the skies turn an eery green as thunder starts to roar and lightning brightens up the darkness of the night. One by one, every window in the house start to shatter and explode as a caped demon stands in every one of them from outside.